We were given a frog two days ago. We are told it's an Australian tree frog. Kind of purple-ish in color. I read a bit about it and see that it needs more stuff than it has. Presently it's in what looks like a ten gallon aquarium. There is a ceramic swimming pool looking bowl for water and some plastic plants and other stuff in there. I see where it needs to be 80*-86*. And it needs something to climb. Temporarily my wife put in a molding stick in there and Mr. Frog quickly climbed it. She has fed it two meal worms once so far. We are learning, but we need help. I have a 40 gallon aquarium and we plan on using that as a base. We plan to cap it with a mesh screen, maybe 1/4" hardware cloth, over the top that would be the same size as the base aquarium and be lifted out of the way for access. This would give an opportunity to place some taller items (tree branches?) for the little guy (girl?)(How can we tell??) more liberty to choose what to do and where to go. I see there are heaters that can be placed under the tank. How can I choose one that will give the right temp range? They are listed as 100 watts, 200 watts, etc. We are sure bright light, especially sun light is not good for Mr.(s?) Frog. We will see to that. What else does it like to munch on? We were told crickets. She found there is some beetle looking critter moving around in the bottom of the present tank. ANY help, suggestions, recommendations are welcome. My wife presently has three fish aquariums: a 60G with four golds, a 40G with four tri-tales and another 40G with some other unique gold-type fish. She also has a 60" x 18" x 20" turtle tank.
Thanks for any help....
Bob.