Thread: Need some help, new RETF

Default Need some help, new RETF

Hello!

I'm a new owner to 4 RETFs. We picked up 2 about 5 weeks ago and then purchased another 2 the following week. One of the frogs from the newest batch ended up having 2 prolapses and we returned it to the pet store as the owner said he would replace him as the prolapse happened within 24 hours of us bringing her home - he also said he would make sure she would receive proper care.
    Anyways, we brought home our newest addition about a week ago and at first she moved around a bit but she hasn't moved from a specific leaf in 3-5 days. I also noticed that she has dark green spots on her back - just took a picture and the spots are gone. All 3 of our other frogs are very active and have crazy frog parties at night but this little one hasn't done much.
    I'm wondering if she is just stressed out from being in her new home or if this is something much more serious.
    Our tank size is an exoterra 24×24×36. We have moss and coconut fiber on the bottom with 2 water dishes and a waterfall. Lots of fake plants. We have 2 bulbs, one is a 13w UVA only and the other is a UVB. We also have a heat lamp above the metal mesh and a heating pad on the bottom. We mist morning and night time and also have a fogger we keep on at most times. Temperature fluctuates between 60 and 75. Humidity lvl fluctuates between 60 and 80. Please help, we don't want something bad to happen to our babies I attached a picture of the terrarium and I tried to get a picture of the spots on the frogs back but they are pretty much gone in the picture.

One more question related to feeding, we've been putting crickets in the cricket carrier inside the tank and I've noticed a frog eating twice but I'm pretty sure it's the same one. I tell the frogs apart by size and number of freckles but it's hard at night between the two small ones. What's the best way to ensure they're all eating enough and one isn't overeating.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Need some help, new RETF

Looks like she was just getting comfortable in her new home, she's been very active 2 nights in a row

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That's good, glad to see she's doing better!

P.S. Sorry I wasn't here sooner

I appreciate the reply either way. I do however have another question, I just went to look at my babies and one has an injury. It's either a cut or a burn, I don't know what could have caused a burn so it must be a cut. I'm going to pick up some Vetericyn as soon as possible. It's right on top of her head between her eyes. Any suggestions?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hmm, maybe you should quarantine, just to be safe. Don't want any infections going around! Try to find the source of the problem and make sure the other ones don't have any injuries. You're doing an amazing job and I know you really care about them! Good luck!

None of the other ones have any injuries, I removed anything that could have caused it. I'm afraid her eye might have been scratched as well. What can you do for eye injuries? I've been putting polysporin (no pain reliever) on the cut twice daily and it seems to be doing much better already. Any ideas?

Thread Information