Thread: Hitchhiking Cuban Tree Frog

Default Hitchhiking Cuban Tree Frog

Hi all - a family member recently had a Cuban tree frog hitchhike in their trunk back to Michigan. I understand he is an invasive species and will not be releasing him, but am trying to figure out how to care for him now.

Some background: he was outdoors in the winter for a few days before he was found a brought inside. He 'woke up' and became active but is not eating and since getting him home is extremely docile. He is in a small plastic container with a water dish and some things to climb on. I want to avoid buying an expensive setup before I know if he will survive, but do want to give him a fighting chance.

I have a small lamp trained on him to give him some warmth, a shallow water dish, and some live crickets in with him. The first day he spent time in the water but since then has just been wedged between the dish and the side of the cage unmoving. I dripped some (filtered) water on him yesterday and today to try to keep him moist and he seems to perk up a little when I do this.

Any idea why he isn't eating or how I can help him? Is he still in hibernation somehow?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information