Thread: Made a stupid mistake, scared for frog's lives :(

Angry Made a stupid mistake, scared for frog's lives :(

Ok so I got these frogs African Dwarf Frogs yesterday and we put them in a tank with our betta. The betta wasn't attacking the frogs or anything but you could just tell he didnt want them there (kept patrolling around the tank and was generally just trying to stay away from them..night is usually his resting time but the frogs keep him up because theyre active at night and betta was just being territorial all night and like "watching" them). I felt bad so I made a glass bowl of water up with half aquarium water and half tap water with dechlorinator in it. i put some gravel in there and a leaf that sticks to the glass for them to climb on. it was only a TEMPORARY cage for my frogs. I know it sounds really horrible. But I figured they'll be alright overnight and I can get them a heater and some decorative stuff tomorrow morning. Ok so I caught the frogs and put them in the bowl. The frogs keep trying to climb up the glass sides of the bowl and just staring out of the glass. Theyre not swimming in the middle of the bowl and NOT EVEN going to the surface for air at all! All they are doing is trying to climb up the sides of the bowl or laying down. I dont know if theyre just in shock and stress or if something is seriously wrong I feel horrible because if they die, it would be all my fault for switching them. And this wasnt their normal behavior when they were in the other tank. I put them in the other tank yesterday and the poor frogs seemed a little shocked at first but I went off for about three hours and when I came back, they were swimming around seperately and just happy as can be. Now theyre like mostly huddled together trying to escape. Its been more than three hours this time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Made a stupid mistake, scared for frog's lives :(

Are they still alive?
    If so then Keep them separate from the betta! Bettas tend to be aggressive, he could easily take off a few of your frogs' fingers or even a whole limb. What size is the betta tank? I don't know much about dwarf frogs but I used to have two African Clawed Frogs (R.I.P. Neptune and Jordan ;- and kept them in a 10g and they seemed ok with it, I would recommend no smaller than 10g especially if you plan on getting more frogs. In the meantime, how many inches high is the temporary bowl's water level? What are you treating the water with? Make sure you change it often enough for the species requirements but like I said, I don't know much about them, hope this helps!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Made a stupid mistake, scared for frog's lives :(

How are they doing?

Thread Information