Thread: White’s Tree Frog not shedding right

Default White’s Tree Frog not shedding right

Recently I have found that my White's hasn’t been shedding the right way. She had been getting tangled up in masses of skin and I've been having to remove it for her. I'm pretty sure this is not good, any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default White’s Tree Frog not shedding right

Quote Originally Posted by LitoriaCaerulea View Post
    Recently I have found that my White's hasn’t been shedding the right way. She had been getting tangled up in masses of skin and I've been having to remove it for her. I'm pretty sure this is not good, any suggestions?
    What is your tank at humidity and temperature? Do you have any other WTF & are they acting weird? I think a lot of shedding issues come from low Bunyan’s that’s all I can think of right now.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: White’s Tree Frog not shedding right

Is the frog acting normal otherwise? How's it's movement, eating?
    If at all possible you might want to have a vet look at it. Patchy shedding may be a symptom of some infections including red leg, according to things I've read. . Keep an eye on the frog's legs, see if they are redder then normal especially when the frog hasn't been doing enough moving to cause them to look red.

Red leg in particular can be very serious and it's often fatal, but it may be something else, it's hard to say without any testing. There may be some antifungal medications for fish you could find that would also work on frogs, but that's a little beyond what I know. I'm not a vet. Also it might be a bacterial infection and sometimes treatments for one thing (like fungus) don't work so well for bacteria.

5. This member thanks elly for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freckles24 View Post
    What is your tank at humidity and temperature? Do you have any other WTF & are they acting weird? I think a lot of shedding issues come from low Bunyan’s that’s all I can think of right now.
    Well, her temperature is around 30^C in the daytime and drops to 28^C in the night. Perhaps it's too cold? I'm not entirely sure about the humidity because she recently knocked the hydrometer off the wall and it broke and it hasn’t been replaced yet. She's sprayed with well water(no chlorine) every morning and evening, and it used to be around 65%. It could be different now though. No, there aren’t any more Whites', but I know she always used to shed normally.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    Is the frog acting normal otherwise? How's it's movement, eating?
    If at all possible you might want to have a vet look at it. Patchy shedding may be a symptom of some infections including red leg, according to things I've read. . Keep an eye on the frog's legs, see if they are redder then normal especially when the frog hasn't been doing enough moving to cause them to look red.
    She is acting fine so far, and happily her legs appear quite normal though she is a little inactive at times. I was planning to take her to a vet for constipation so I will ask about the shedding at the same time. Thanks!

Thread Information