Thread: keeping the heat in

Default keeping the heat in

I'm having a problem here. I've had tree frogs for some time here. Red Eyes and Whites. My question is for the White Tree Frogs. I had happy and healthy 3 ones going for three years and all of a sudden, boom all die within 2 weeks. Not sure what happened. I re did the tank but not having any luck with any new ones that come in. Well I have recently noticed something but not sure if this is the case but its a try. My setup - I have a tall hexagonal 22" tall, (30-35 gallon? not sure) The substrate are those hydro balls on the bottom and Josh's Frogs ABG mix, about 2 -3" worth. On top I have paper towel. The humidity is great. I cannot seem to keep the heat in at what I want it to be. I have a large heating pad on the side of the tank, one that I can adjust. I recently put it at its highest. I did have a 50 watt ceramic light on top but that wasn't warm enough so now I have a 75 watt incandescent red bulb on top. This is on for 12 hours. I noticed today the heat only goes up to 77 degrees on top, around 70 on bottom. Today I added the 50 watt ceramic with it but it got too hot, 89 degrees so I turned it off and hopefully it'll go on when the red light goes off. My top is half screen. Used to get into the 60's at night but that was with just the side heat pad so it'll be warmer tonight when the red goes off and ceramic goes on. Is this ok? I really think it should be warmer, What else can I do? A warmer heat light?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: keeping the heat in

Sometimes I use a space heater nearby on the floor to make sure the heat is just right. 60's at night is a bit cold. 69-68 or so might not be so bad but lower than that would be.

Thread Information