Thread: Uninterested in shed?

Member needs to set country!

Default Uninterested in shed?

Hey guys! I have a 7 month-old Pacman named Truffle who doesn't seem invested in removing/eating his shed? I checked on him last night and it looked as if he had begun to shed so I left him be, but I woke up this morning to find him in a similar state. I checked the shed to see if it was stuck and it slid very smoothly, so I'm not sure why he wasn't doing much about it? He doesn't use his water bowl much at all, but when I do find it dirtied up there is usually some shed skin in it. I believe it could be a humidity consistency issue (it will get too dry when I'm away), so I'll be covering more of his tank top with aluminum to help keep moisture in better.

Should mention he isn't displaying any unusual behavior. He's voracious and eating nightcrawlers like a champ, mostly buried 85% of the time, tank is mid 70s on the cool end and mid 80s on the hot end. Like I mentioned, biggest issue may be humidity, but just wondering if this is something I should keep an eye on or if they sometimes lazily hang out in their shed? Any information or advice would be great, thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Uninterested in shed?

Yes, in fairly sure that’s because of periods of dryness. You need to figure out the way of keeping humidity consistent
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Cool, I'm going to cover more of the tank top with aluminum foil and see how that does for a period of time. Hopefully it does the trick. Thanks!

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That usually helps, but depending on where you live ( what’s your ambient humidity) you might need to invest in hydroterm with fogger. Or if the frog is doing fine in general, eating, behaving normally and your humidity is not consistent, but reasonably fine, you can just make him soaks once in a while to help with shed.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Tends to be dry in the winter and then the humidity kicks up in spring and especially in summer, so I may only need to worry for another month. The humidity is a lot more consistent now, so spreading the foil over a little more than half of the top has helped. I think Truffle has shed again in the time frame since I noticed his colors look brighter and he's not covered in dirt, so I believe this has been a good solution.

Thread Information