Thread: WTF with a lot of scarring?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default WTF with a lot of scarring?

I got my Wtf from a repticon 2-11-18 and I knew he had a weird eye thing. I also noticed weird marking on his back and face but disregarded it as a color changing thing. Now I’m wondering why my TF looks so different than other WTFs I read somewhere that their scars turn blue could that be what these marks are? He acts pretty normal and eats great, & I’ve seen him shed a few times. Will these go away? I guess it doesn’t really matter but if they aren’t scarring maybe someone else has an idea
    In this last picture you can see the irregularity on his lip, the jaw is fine but the skin is discolored.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member needs to set country!

Default Re: WTF with a lot of scarring?

Those are a lot of scratches. Did you ask if he was wild caught or captive bred? The former would definitely explain the irregularities. Not sure a out the scratches, but they don't look fresh to me.

Nationality
    [United States]

Better picture of it’s mouth

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Bynny Ribbit View Post
    Those are a lot of scratches. Did you ask if he was wild caught or captive bred? The former would definitely explain the irregularities. Not sure about the scratches, but they don't look fresh to me.
    I was thinking it seemed like a lot and I haven’t seen any others like it. He is captive bred & hatched in March of 2017 (not sure if that’s important). He still growing so I think she was telling the truth.
    This was the first picture I took of him. He looks quite different now 2 weeks later (size wise). You can't see the scratches when he's dark but when he is light its very obvious.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Maybe there's a little birth malformation going on with the mouth, but you might want to be sure to supplement him well with calcium just in case it's partly calcium deficiency. One of the symptoms of calcium deficiency is not moving very much so maybe it's not that or it's not serious.

I'd just continue to monitor his activity level and hunger. The scratches look like old scars but they could be patchy shedding, a symptom of fungus or other skin infection.

But if he seems well, he probably is and it's a good sign he's growing.

Member needs to set country!

He really is an interesting little guy. elly pretty much said everything that could be a concern, but judging from what you've written, he seems to be doing all right.

Thread Information