Thread: Asking for someone else

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Asking for someone else

My partner's parents bought their nephew a cuban tree frog. I don't agree with it but he keeps asking me questions and I have given him water bowls, aquasafe tetrafauna water conditioner and since i have a pacman frog I have a lot of worms on standby. His frog still won't eat he's tried crickets and one worm but I told him to let the frog adjust first. His frog is in a 29 gallon tall I bought him some folliage for him/her. I worry about the frog dying first and foremost how long should we wait to feed? He's only had him 5 days

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Asking for someone else

Cuban treefrogs are almost exclusively wild caught and there is a high likelihood that stress is a major factor here. It may need time to adjust. Give it another few days. I’m going to assume all captive conditions are correct. If so withhold food a few days then feed at night after lights out in a bowl or cup the crickets can not escape from. This way you can monitor what’s being consumed. I understand that a small child is not often the best caretaker and you may have to intercede from time to time. Keep the vivarium partially covered with a dark cloth and hope for the best.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Asking for someone else

Thank you, I'm going over tomorrow to check on him.

Thread Information