Quote Originally Posted by BossFrog View Post
Thanks for keeping us posted, this is really interesting! Hope she gets better!
It has been quite the journey! I'm glad people are finding it interesting and hopefully informational.

Poor Moochy has it rough. I took her in today for her bloat and my vet is pretty sure it's septicemia considering all her other ailments, so she was prescribed the infamous Baytril for transdermal treatment. At this point, I have to imagine there's an ending coming soon. Either this treats her bloat (and hopefully a few other things) and she goes back to at least mostly normal, or it doesn't work and the bloat is actually caused by kidney disease...which there is no treatment for. It's hard to think that I've been fighting for her this long and she might end up needing to be euthanized. But Moochy is fighting, too; my vet is astonished to know that, despite everything, she is still eating and exploring her tank at night like any normal frog. Such a strong gal. Makes me hopeful! Regardless, she has two weeks of treatment to go through, so we'll see how things go.

I should also mention her left eye is being troublesome. The white mark on it has grown and the pupil doesn't dilate as much as the other one (which my vet mentioned could be due to inflammation in the eye, I think). This was one of the very first things I tried treating her for and it persisted after the two weeks I put drops in it. It didn't seem to bother her too much, but now it's something to keep an eye on.