Hello,

I have a White's tree frog named Poe. I've had him for around 3 years, but have absolutely no idea how old he was when I got him.

I'm looking for some advice. For the last 3 weeks I noticed that he sits in the same spot on top of a log hide, which isn't much bigger than he is. He goes to soak in his water dish, but he hasn't climbed in about 3 weeks. His favorite spot was always a ledge towards the top of the tank.

I have lots of stuff for him to climb on, I'm just not sure if he can anymore. Does this species stop climbing and perfer to stay low as they age?

What I'd like to get an opinion on is if I should get a wider cage so he has more floor space? I usually go for height over width, but if he can't climb anymore...

His current set up is an exo-terra tank.
Length- 12 inches
Width- 12 inches
Height- 18 inches

Heat comes from a UTH on the back of the tank. The tank stays around 80°F during the day and drops to 75°F at night.

Humidity I keep at 60%.

I do use a UVB bulb that is on during the day. He seemed to always like having it on.

He is hand fed Dubai roaches. The hand feeding part is kind of a long story.

Like I said in the beginning I have no idea how old he is, I've had him for 3 years. I don't think he had a very nice home before I got him. But that's a long story (directly related to the hand feeding).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk