Thread: New Pacman Frog

Nationality
    [Canada]

Question New Pacman Frog

Hello again! I got my pacman frog today (!!!) and would just like some reassurance that I have everything set up correctly. Currently the frog is about 1". I have included most of the info below and have a couple additional questions after

1. Size of enclosure: small plastic kritter keeper (9" long x 6" wide x 6.6 in tall) and I will be moving my lil fella into a 10 gal when it gets bigger. The kritter keeper is inside the 10 gal.

2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences: just the 1!

3. Humidity: generally about 75%

4. Temperature: thermometer says 80° f

5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish: tap water treated with exoterra aquatize water conditioner. I use this in the misting bottle which is what I will also use to fill up the water dish

6. Materials used for substrate: exoterra plantation soil

7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials: in the current setup the frog only has a water dish but that is placed in the 10 gal which has a set of vines covering the back half of the tank. There is a big hide in the 10 gal and a big water dish (not deep). There is also a background on the outside of the 10 gal.

- How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv: plants, hide and water dishes were washed with a vinegar/water mix and then thoroughly rinsed.

8. Main food source: will be dew worms (nightcrawlers) but I have not fed my frog yet as I wanted to give it time to adjust. Will try feeding tomorrow evening & I will cut the wrom up into small pieces.

9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often): exoterra calcium w/ D3 & exoterra multivitamin have both been purchased.

10. Lighting: blue daytime bulb & red bulb that will be on 24 hrs as my room is very cold (about 65°f regularly).

11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure: lights mentioned above as well as a mini heat pad (4 Watt) on the side of the 10 gal (plugged into a theromstat).

12. When is the last time he/she ate: the store I got him from said this morning

13. Have you found poop lately: N/A as I just got him

14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine): not sure how to attach pics

15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.: N/A

16. How old is the frog: Guessing by it's size maybe a couple of months (not sure as I have no idea what the timecycle for a pacman frog tadpole is)

17. How long have you owned him/her: less than 24 hrs

18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred: not sure

19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats: was thinking horned worms as a treat once in a while

20. How often the frog is handled: will only handle on enclosure cleaning days

21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area: low

22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc): water changes will be eveey couple of days or whenever soiled. Full clean every couple of weeks for the kritter keeper and then probably once a month for the 10 gal once the frog has been moved

So as far as my questions go:

What are the ideal day & nighttime temps for a pacman frog? Do these change from juvenile to adulthood?

At what size should I move the frog into the 10 gal?

What other types of feeders can I give? I cannot get roaches as they are illegal where I live and I do not want crickets in my house.

How often should I dust the worms with the vitamins & calcium? I know they have to be done on seperate days. Once a week for each? More often for juveniles?

Any other tips or tricks will be super helpful! Can't wait to hear from you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information