Thread: Pacman frog hasn't ate for awhile

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Pacman frog hasn't ate for awhile

Heey everyone. My pacman frog Lasagna hasn't eaten for maybe 4-6 weeks or so. She shed a week to two weeks ago, but still hasn't eaten. She just sits and buries herself and when I take her out to eat worms, she literally faces the other way uninterested. I got her in October so it's definitely not moving stress, but I don't know what it is. She looks the same and theres a 60 watt heat lamp for a 10 gal tank, I use eco earth substrate, has a water bowl for humidity (also mist), and that's it. Is she sick? She's only 2.5-3 inches, I don't know if this is normal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Pacman frog hasn't ate for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Lasagna View Post
    Heey everyone. My pacman frog Lasagna hasn't eaten for maybe 4-6 weeks or so. She shed a week to two weeks ago, but still hasn't eaten. She just sits and buries herself and when I take her out to eat worms, she literally faces the other way uninterested. I got her in October so it's definitely not moving stress, but I don't know what it is. She looks the same and theres a 60 watt heat lamp for a 10 gal tank, I use eco earth substrate, has a water bowl for humidity (also mist), and that's it. Is she sick? She's only 2.5-3 inches, I don't know if this is normal.
    My frog is doing the same thing. He is about 2 years old. I think they can sense the change in the environment and its winter time so they will want to dig and stay under. At least thats what mine did till late spring/early summer then he started to eat again on his own. Once winter came he stopped again and just wanted to hide.

Might be whats going on here. Keep in mind not all frogs do this, some dont care and eat all year round especially if they are babies. My ornate is kind of doing the same but not as much. he will hide for a week or so then will eat if I offer food after.

Thread Information