Thread: New Pac man Frog Owner frogs not eating

Default New Pac man Frog Owner frogs not eating

Alriught I just joined this forum a few minutes ago so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or something

I bought myself a Pac man frog from not the most reputable of breeders I had read about these frogs and I have my frog (Salt) in a ten gallon filled with about 4 inches of eco earth it's at about 70% humidity the soil isn't soggy but it clumps if you squish it and I have a heat Matt on the side of the tank to keep the warm side at 80 and the cold side at about 70-75 I don't use a lamp because I'm afraid it will dry the soil out and since Salt is albino it will hurt his eyes but anyways that's the setup now onto the problem
    Salt was eating very well as a baby to juvenile when I got him but after he hit what I would consider late juvenile he just...stopped I tried to wait it out but I'm genuinely worried he's losing weight now and it's been about 2 months I've been so worried and I considered force feeding but I'm deathly afraid of breaking his jaw I really live my little frog and the idea of making him suffer or starve makes me sick so if someone could please help me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: New Pac man Frog Owner frogs not eating

Anyone? Please I'm worried about him D:

Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    Alriught I just joined this forum a few minutes ago so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or something

I bought myself a Pac man frog from not the most reputable of breeders I had read about these frogs and I have my frog (Salt) in a ten gallon filled with about 4 inches of eco earth it's at about 70% humidity the soil isn't soggy but it clumps if you squish it and I have a heat Matt on the side of the tank to keep the warm side at 80 and the cold side at about 70-75 I don't use a lamp because I'm afraid it will dry the soil out and since Salt is albino it will hurt his eyes but anyways that's the setup now onto the problem
    Salt was eating very well as a baby to juvenile when I got him but after he hit what I would consider late juvenile he just...stopped I tried to wait it out but I'm genuinely worried he's losing weight now and it's been about 2 months I've been so worried and I considered force feeding but I'm deathly afraid of breaking his jaw I really live my little frog and the idea of making him suffer or starve makes me sick so if someone could please help me!
    Hey is probably slowing down for the winter. I have had 2 frogs do this, then they start eating in late spring/summer. Is he trying to bury himself and stay buried, or is he sitting on top and still not eating?

You could try giving him a warm soak with pedialyte (unflavoured) and then try to feed him after the soak.

He's sitting underneath the dirt all the way I have to dig him up about once a week to see if he'll eat :/ I know they can go into estavation but his skin hasn't changed texture or color or anything? Maybe he has slowed down for the winter he was a bit overweight when he began doing this and now he's a little bit more average weight

Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    He's sitting underneath the dirt all the way I have to dig him up about once a week to see if he'll eat :/ I know they can go into estavation but his skin hasn't changed texture or color or anything? Maybe he has slowed down for the winter he was a bit overweight when he began doing this and now he's a little bit more average weight
    Sounds like he has slowed down for the winter. I would just leave him underground. He isnt spending much energy so he should be ok.

Thread Information