Thread: Pac-man frog not pooping

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Pac-man frog not pooping

I’ve had Jabba (my albino Pacman frog) for about a week now and I have not seen him/her poop once. He eats crickets and I have fed him/her some dusted with calcium twice and he has already shed once, but today s/he is not eating. I saw s/he has a lump on his left side and immediately looked it up and concluded it may be an obstruction, so I soaked him in warm dechlorinated water/honey and massaged the bump, but all that did was make him/her annoyed. I put him back in his enclosure (It usually stays at 72-77 F and has about 85% humidity) so s/he could calm down and maybe poop. I was just wondering if there was anymore I could do that may help him pass? If he decided to eat tomorrow I am only going to feed him night crawlers because I read they are easier for them to digest and I am thinking of switching him to those as a staple rather than crickets, but I was just wondering what I should do, thank you! (I have inserted a picture of him in the soak)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Pac-man frog not pooping

I wouldn't worry yet. I have seen mine go much longer without poop. Also if your frog has a spot where he digs in, dis around that whole area there may be poop underground that he covered or he could have went while being underground, I have seen both cases.

You can also keep giving him honey baths if its not stressing him out too much.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pac-man frog not pooping

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    I wouldn't worry yet. I have seen mine go much longer without poop. Also if your frog has a spot where he digs in, dis around that whole area there may be poop underground that he covered or he could have went while being underground, I have seen both cases.

You can also keep giving him honey baths if its not stressing him out too much.
    S/he pooped tonight! But he still does not want to eat so I left a calcium dusted worm in his terriaum to see if he will eat it later tonight! I think I was just working myself up over nothing

Thread Information