Thread: I think my frog is in estavation please help!

Default I think my frog is in estavation please help!

My 2 year old pacman has been underground for the last month with no signs of movement (sometimes I usually hear him rub his legs on the bottom of the glass) but he has not done this in the past month. For the past few weeks leading up to this point he has been eating less and less to the point where he has stopped.

What should I do? Do I just leave him and let nature run its course? The conditions in his enclosure have not changed, same humidity and temp, but I think they can sense the outside season changes.

What should I do?

When He was a year old I used to dig him up ever 2 -3 during the winter month weeks to help him eat, but I dont want to do that anymore. Because when spring/summer came along he started eating on his own.

Should I leave him or dig him up? I eventually will have to change the substrate in a month so I wont have a choice but to dig him up.

Anyone??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I think my frog is in estavation please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    My 2 year old pacman has been underground for the last month with no signs of movement (sometimes I usually hear him rub his legs on the bottom of the glass) but he has not done this in the past month. For the past few weeks leading up to this point he has been eating less and less to the point where he has stopped.

What should I do? Do I just leave him and let nature run its course? The conditions in his enclosure have not changed, same humidity and temp, but I think they can sense the outside season changes.

What should I do?

When He was a year old I used to dig him up ever 2 -3 during the winter month weeks to help him eat, but I dont want to do that anymore. Because when spring/summer came along he started eating on his own.

Should I leave him or dig him up? I eventually will have to change the substrate in a month so I wont have a choice but to dig him up.

Anyone??
    This is up to you. You can let him be and just check on him now and then to ensure he is okay and not losing weight or do as you have done in the past if you are really worried. letting him be for a while is best. You also do not have to change their dirt when the frog is in aestivation. when you wake him or he wakes on his own, then you change it.

Default Re: I think my frog is in estavation please help!

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    This is up to you. You can let him be and just check on him now and then to ensure he is okay and not losing weight or do as you have done in the past if you are really worried. letting him be for a while is best. You also do not have to change their dirt when the frog is in aestivation. when you wake him or he wakes on his own, then you change it.

I was digging around a bit to find him, I just uncovered a bit of his back to know where he is. After some misting from the fogger he came out. His skin and everything looked normal, so I dont think he was estavating. I figured since he was out already I would help him eat a few night crawlers then let him be. He didn't seem like he lost much weight in the month he was under. I am going to try and leave him for 2 months this time before disturbing him again.

Thread Information