I seem to have a high mortality rate with any male ADF I buy!

I have a 10 gallon tank & usually have 3 pairs of ADFs. The temperature is set about 78-80 degrees F, I change 30% of the (spring) water weekly & they get fed everyday. The tank gets a quick cleaning every day, to remove any debris.

When I get a new one, I have a glass container that I use for quarantining. I put it into the tank, put the frog in it. Then I slowly (over the course of several hours), change the store water to the tank water. This way, the frog gets used to the new tank temperature & water without contaminating the other frogs.

I have bought numerous males & some lasted long enough to mate but all have died the same way. I have bought them from different stores & the same thing happens.

I have bought females from the same stores & they have lasted. I have 3 females right now that have come from different stores (& different states!), they are doing fine, & they are all laying eggs.

I had 3 males die on me just recently & I had to get some more to keep paired couples.

Symptoms: All of the males, start to lay near the top of the tank (floating), then start laying half of their body out of the water & finally climbing up the side of the tank. Then they do a complete float & die! I try quarantining them but they still die. I don't see anything physically wrong with them, even under a magnifying glass! I don't even know what to do to treat them. The most puzzling part is it's only the males that do it!

One just died & I just bought another one, a nice healthy looking one, & less than 24 hours he's doing the same thing!