Thread: Best way to get baby pacmans to eat?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Best way to get baby pacmans to eat?

So I got this baby pacman frog a little over a week ago from underground reptiles. I got him to eat a superworm a few hours after it arived and then one more the next day, both time feeding were done in a seperate container because the superworms just burrow udner the substrate. Its been about 6 days and it wont eat anything else, I have tired superworms, hornwors and letting crickets loose in its tank and has no touched them. Is there some trick to getting baby frogs to eat? And how long before I start to freak out? Right now it is still nice and fat and doesnt appear to be getting skinny. Right it is in a 10 gallon tank with heat pad on the side of the tank and a 40 wat night light bulb, the subtrate I am using is the reptile dirt that you soak in water and it expands, and the tank gets misted daily. Thanks in advance for any help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Best way to get baby pacmans to eat?

What time do you try to feed the frog? Try feeding it at night, after most lights have been turned off in the room which he is being kept in, since they are nocturnal and hunt at night.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hi, what is the actual temp inside the enclosure and what is the humidity at? if these aren't correct especially the heat it will turn your frog off from food. The heat has to be around 80f to 85f, I keep all mine at 82f and the humidity at 75%. You don't want the humidity going over 80%. At night you want a few degree temp drop, in the wild when the temps drop and it becomes dark this is when they come out to eat. As mentioned above they are nocturnal hunters, some will eat during the day but most keepers have more success at night. If you haven't covered 3 sides of his enclosure so he cant see out from every angle this is a good thing to do, sometimes being able to see to much stresses them out and makes them not want to eat. What was it being kept in when you bought it. If it was in something smaller then the 10 gallon you have now you may want to put him into something smaller or divide the tank in 2 with a divider. Sometimes to much space will stress them also, if they came from something small then get dropped into something way bigger its to much for them. Superworms aren't the best food for them because they can impact them. Crickets, roaches and nightcrawlers are the healthier choices as a staple and the others like hornworms, butterworms, waxworms, silkworms etc. are more for treats.

Nationality
    [United States]

Just an update, I tried feeding my frog later in the night and got it to eat!

Thread Information