Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pixie passed way !

Default Re: Pixie passed way !

Alright guys thanks!
    Will take a look, what are the benefits of the UVB anyway? Since we already give them D3.
    I've got the repashy and i tried to give him some crickets today, no joy.
    Although he's round i'm not too worried, he has eaten well.
    So he hate 3 crickets first day, two big crickets second day, day off, tried today no joy, did make him a honey bath yesterday and today, no poop, he seems stressed a bit. He tries to get away from the bath and he directly burrows when out.
    Lets give him today off and see if he poops

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    Thanks for the kind words guys!
    I'll be looking for the ornata after tomorrow. New terrarium is ready, but i'll get another plastic container cause i feel that one was Pixies, i will trow it away.
    New terrarium:
    Attachment 78885
    It's an 18x18x18.

Btw i was changing the substrat every week with pixies, and cleaning the plastic box each time, either with bleach or ammonia. For sure i rinse it very well after. Do you guys think it's better to get some reptile safe cleaner?
    I understand that the red legs are like bacteria and stuff, but i cleaned the guy often so i guess he arrived like that. Btw i cleaned is plastic container but the terrarium itself, since it had no substrate i did not clean it for a while, maybe i did rinse it two times in two months. But i guess this could not be the cause.
    Maybe he already arrived like that and thats why he didnt eat.

Ps: I use ecoearth, lets say if i make one brick and store it for a month, is it considered clean of bacteria if it's dry? Cause usually the stuff don't dry quickly, and i kinda don't want the substrat to be water.
    We use chlorhexidine is safe for animals but any other reptile amphibians safe cleaner should work. We don’t use chlorine or ammonia based cleaners simply cause if it isnt safe for himans, it probably isnt safe for animals either. But if u were rinsing good it wasnt your fault. sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdan4712 View Post
    We use chlorhexidine is safe for animals but any other reptile amphibians safe cleaner should work. We don’t use chlorine or ammonia based cleaners simply cause if it isnt safe for himans, it probably isnt safe for animals either. But if u were rinsing good it wasnt your fault. sorry for your loss.
    Hey bro thanks for the tip. So i'm able to find this on a 4% concentration. You're actually saying that if i rub a paper towel with this i don't have to go to the trouble of washing the enclosure ? i want this if it's the case. Less work no?
    I'm also able to found an alchoolic chlorhexidine which is 2% concentration and should evaporate faster. Which would be better?
    Thanks

Nationality
    [Canada]

I would give it a quick rinse just to be safe, I have never used the product but is always better to be safe then sorry. When I do a total disinfect of my tanks I use zoo med wipeout, and even though it states that you just spray it on then wipe it out I still do quick rinse just in case I missed some.

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    I would give it a quick rinse just to be safe, I have never used the product but is always better to be safe then sorry. When I do a total disinfect of my tanks I use zoo med wipeout, and even though it states that you just spray it on then wipe it out I still do quick rinse just in case I missed some.
    Thanks for the answer Monster. Yeah sure a quick rinse just to be sure i agree, but for example i'm kinda of affraid of zoomed wipeout cause by what i can see, is not that safe, you've to actually wipe it all up or rinse it by what i've read, but the chlorhexidine is actually used by us to clean the wounds(yeah i went and i saw one spray that i use often and i didn't even know it was this stuff cause it has a brand name instead lol anyway it doesn't burn at all and is very effective in wounds i.e) and we used for cats and dogs, out of all i guess this would be a good way out of ammonia or chlorine for me and actually i was reading, i'm not sure what is inside of wipeout by zoomed, but it mentions chlorine("dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride" for what i understand it has both stuffs we're affraid of inside ammonia and chloride, but i'm not sure, just looking at the names no idea if it is in a way that can't hurt the animal or whatever) does it have a smell Monster?
    Does any of you use isopropyl alchool? It evaporates and it should kill bacteria, plus it's cheap?
    Thanks guys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information