Thread: Whites Tree frog Help

Smile Whites Tree frog Help

Hello! I am new here. I have four WTF. They are all eating great, and all but one are sleeping throughout the day. Sevey is up alot during the days, which i was a little worried about. He's the only one really up hoping around. I found this odd?
    But what I am most worried about is two of them are very red on the underside of their legs up to the bottom of their belly. Dark red, not bright.
    I dont have the normal set up most people have, I have a 55 gallon, with lots of things to climb on and hide under (about 18 inches tall, 12 inches wide and 4 feet long) . I spot clean the tank everyday and change their water everyday (they have two water bowls) and conpletely clean everything every Saturday.the temp is about 80 during the days and 70 degrees at night. The humidity is between 40 and 60. They all seem to be acting normal ( except for Sevey up during the day) Should I be worried about the redness under the legs? Any advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated.up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Whites Tree frog Help

Are they red all the time or only when they're climbing? Still dark red is a bad sign. If you can you should probably see a vet and see if you can get one of the red ones tested for red leg.

It's not constant. Last night there was no redness, just a light pink color. When sleeping up against glass, or sleeping in general I see almost no red on there underside or under legs. While they were just hunting and eating about an hour ago on the ground thats when it was dark red. What can cause This? I try very hard to keep it as sanitary as possible.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

If it's just a little pink when the frogs aren't moving at all that might be okay. But if it was ever truly dark red, that's not a good thing. Maybe the frog's legs rubbed against something, but that sounds unlikely to me.

Red Leg is something caused by a fungus that can be lethal for frogs. It can be treated with an antifungal but you need to know the dosage. That's why I suggest a vet. Some experimenters have had success by raising temperatures for a certain amount of time, but that's not a sure thing.

It's probably nothing you did. Stressed frogs are more vulnerable to getting sick, but they don't have to be stressed to get sick. It doesn't matter how clean you keep the cage, (though a fairly clean cage is better than a dirty one). Mold spores can spread easily.

Thread Information