Thread: My pacman doesn't poop

Nationality
    [China]

Default My pacman doesn't poop

I bought him and put in a vivarium before 25days and I have not seen his poop since then. I feed him 3 times a week and he is now about 6cm. He eats well. Should I worry about this and stop feeding? Should I bath him? If I bath, how long? Is there a possibility that I don't spot his poop?(Since I am raising him in soil..) I searched the vivarium carefully but I cannot find it..
    Today, he move to another place to borrow. It was the first time that he changes his position. Is pacman move when they poo?
    Plus, is pacman's stomach gets bigger when they don't poo?
    Name:  KakaoTalk_20171011_213653662.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  42.4 KBName:  KakaoTalk_20171011_213650439.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  64.8 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: My pacman doesn't poop

I thought I had similar problems, both my frogs have done this. Gone almost a month and I didn't see any poo. They usually move when they poo to a new spot but now always.

I have found with both frogs they pooed while they where underground so I didn't even see the poo. After they moved I dug around the area and found poo that was covered.

He may have pooed already but it was covered by the substrate.

4. This member thanks Sajuuk Khar for this post:

Nationality
    [China]

Aha, it can be covered by substrate! Ill dig the soil tomorrow to find any sign of poo and clean the soil . It is ok for pacmannot to poo for a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoon jin View Post
    Aha, it can be covered by substrate! Ill dig the soil tomorrow to find any sign of poo and clean the soil . It is ok for pacmannot to poo for a month?
    It can be dangerous i guess, have they been eating? So what i do when this happens is some honey in luke warm water, like 31/32°C and put the frog in there for a while. This usually makes mine poop. Good luck

Nationality
    [Canada]

As Sajuuk Kahr mentioned they usually poop in there burrow and then they will move, or sometimes they poop and then trample over it and it gets covered in substrate and you cant see it. If he moves like suggested look in that old burrow and there will be more then likely be something down there. They should be pooping more then once a month, when they don't its usually a sign something is wrong or its not hot enough and he's not digesting fast enough. They are like us and if they hold there poop for to long they could make them selves go septic, not saying that this will automatically happen but there is a good chance eventually it will happen. And yes if they don't poop they will get fatter, his sides will be hard to the touch and when you look at him it will kind of look like like he swallowed a marble or something. There will be little round lumps.

Member needs to set country!

When I bought my pacman, it did the same thing and didn't poop for three weeks. After that, I started administering warm honey baths and he finally pooped during the 2nd one. I would try that next. Also make sure his vivarium is warm enough (about 80ºF/26ºC), it helps with digestion.

Thread Information