Greetings:

I have a large horse trough where tree frogs lay eggs every year. I nurture them until they change into frogs and escape into the environment. Up until this year it's been gray tree frogs ... I live in Kansas. This year, however, I have both gray and green tree frogs all in the trough. This is the best year for the tadpoles becoming frogs I have ever had. I feed them algae, lettuce and frog food throughout the summer and fall.

Anyway, we had a cold snap here ... in the low 50s ... when it was in the 70s and 80s before today. Many of the froglets that had formed in the trough died overnight. I still have some tadpoles with all four legs. I found a little guy beside the trough this morning and I brought it inside where it's warmer. It's one of the green tree frogs. It's supposed to get up into the 70s within 48 hours and up toward 80 before the end of the week. If the little guy lasts that long I'm planning on releasing it once it gets warm outside.

However, I'm not equipped to feed it live food. Can it live that long without insects? I do have some frog and tadpole granulated food, but no live insects. I've got it in a bowl with a little bit of water for moisture and I put a sprinkle of the frog food in there. I also have algae tablets.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Also, I have some cool photos from this year like the one below:

Name:  DSC00630.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  7.44 MB