Thread: HELP!!! Very sick White's Tree frog

Exclamation HELP!!! Very sick White's Tree frog

This morning i checked on my two White's Tree frogs (in the same enclosure), one was dead and one was near death, just barely hanging on... The one that was still alive looked dehydrated, so I immediately put the one living one in a 10:1 ratio solution of dechlorinated water and unflavored pedialyte to try and help him along. He seemed to get better over the next hour, he filled out a bit and was starting to move more than when i found him (which was completely immobile). When i got home from work he seemed to be acting better, but still not 100%. He also is blotchy, which small botches around his face, and two dark lines down his back. He also has these red-ish looking bubbles, almost like blisters, on his back and side. Finally, his pelvis area is very red. I realize with this level of illness he is presenting, there probably isnt much i can do now, as im trying to keep him comfortable. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and could identify it for peace of mind. thanks

Name:  IMG_7989.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  1.44 MBName:  IMG_7990.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  1.59 MB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: HELP!!! Very sick White's Tree frog

Hi! Sorry to hear about your sick frog. I would recommend keeping him/her in a sterile environment, perhaps with moist paper towels switched out daily rather than a traditional substrate, with a water dish. It doesn't look good, to be honest. Discolored and the underbelly is pretty red. This could be red leg, a bacterial infection. In addition to keeping the frog's are clean, you can try soaking the frog in Maracyn. It may help, but it may not be enough. Sorry it took me so long to reply!
    1 Male Giant African Bullfrog
    2 Woodhouse's Toads
    11 Pacific Treefrogs
    1 Dubia Roach Colony
    2 Australian Green Treefrogs

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: HELP!!! Very sick White's Tree frog

Hey, I hope your frog is still okay, but that looks serious. I guess a vet isn't possible? Sorry for the late reply.

Whatever happens, it's going to be important to make sure the material from the tank is sterilized thoroughly. Make sure not to just dump the substrate in your back yard. Reg leg is not something you want to pass on to local frogs. (It may be something else entirely, but I suggest not taking chances.)

Once again, I'm sorry.

Thread Information