Thread: Adventures with a new Pacman owner

Member needs to set country!

Default Adventures with a new Pacman owner

About three weeks ago I started my exciting journey into Pacman ownership. It all started when my friends invited me to a reptile expo. I already had my WTFs and was pretty content with them being my only amphibious eating machines, so I was really only going for fun to see all the neat color morphs of various species. Overall...it was okay. The expo was really small and some of the places selling were definitely only in it for profit, a lot of sad looking guys in very cramped containers. Near the end of the walkthrough, I see him...a little chocolate morph pacman. I'm very troubled because it's like love at first sight, but I don't want to be impulsive. Then the little voice starts creeping in all, "You already have all the froggy necessities thanks to your dumpies and a 12x12x7 tank from your old tarantula (RIP Lurky, you were a good arachnid)" and at that point, the decision is pretty much already made.

And that's how I went home with a juvenile Pacman named Truffle.

After a visit to Petco for some necessities, I get everything set up and make sure he's comfy before diving into research on the internet. Admittedly a little backwards when buying a pet, yeah, but sometimes that's how it goes. After reading up a bit, I'm realizing how great my little guy is. Ate the first day he came home, wary about being handled but not aggressive, digging his little holes and happily sitting in them. Pretty much a dream frog...except for one thing. Despite being a very enthusiastic eater, there were no poops. After two weeks, he only worked up a little turd despite eating his weight in crickets. Even worse, he accidentally ate a chunk of moss when one of the crickets wriggled out of the tongs and fell in front of him. Suffice to say no more moss coverage all over the tank (though I still like it pushed into a corner to help the humidity).

That's around when I really started delving into the threads on this forum. I had previously read some that came up in searches, but the amount of information was great after looking at conflicting care sheets online. I was lurking through every thread about Pacmans and poop. Thanks to this, I really got to refine Truffle's enclosure and realized the importance of maintaining a proper temperature. Seeing members on here praise nightcrawlers so much made me pursue getting my own for him (though it was a little traumatizing having to cut one up for him the first time). I also started to give him the warm honey baths, much to his chagrin. After giving him his third one today, I got one of the biggest frog poops ever! And in the middle of it was that pesky clump of moss! I never knew I could be so excited about frog poop.

I wanted to give a big thanks to the members of this forum for being so informative! I'm sure I'm not the only lurker who has benefited from all the experienced knowledge of many members. Thanks for reading all the word vomit!

And in case anyone wants to see the little guy causing me trouble (this was before the moss incident): https://vgy.me/4UdXfd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information