I have a 3 year old "Grow A Frog". Two days ago she started acting lethargic but was still eating. Yesterday I noted her skin was shedding in tatters and her appetite is now decreased. She also appears a little puffy all over but not like a true bloat. I have no idea if it is related but she has also developed a small mass approximately 1 cm in diameter next to her left hip. The skin is not discolored or ulcerated.

The changes that have occurred recently are the addition of 2 mystery snails approximately 3 weeks ago and a diet change 1.5 weeks ago. She was absolutely normal until 2 days ago.

Gertie lives in an 8 gallon Biorb and was alone until the addition of the snails. Her substrate is large stones too large to fit into her mouth. She has always has bottled Eldorado Springs water per the Grow A Frog instructions to use Spring water. Her aquarium temperature is maintained at 72 degrees. Her diet is currently Tetra Reptomin Mini because she will not eat sinking food. The ReptoMin is labeled for aquatic frogs. She was previously on Zoomed Aquatic Frog and Tadpole food but the last batch sank and Gertie would not eat it, hence the diet change.

Last night her aquarium was negative for Amonia, Nitrites and Nitrates. Her PH was 7.6.

Without knowing all that much about ACF, I began treatment with Maracyn yesterday. Today Gertie received her first hour long salt bath. I have Anti-bacterial fish food available but am hesitant to feed it without direction from a more experienced member.

My questions are:
1. Feed the Antibacterial Fish Food?
2. Am I pursuing the correct treatment path with Maracyn or should I use something else?
3. If a salt bath is indicated, how frequently should Gertie receive them?
4. Why did she get sick? Seriously, I might have overfed her. When the ReptoMin arrived she went crazy and I suspect other family members were providing snacks between my feedings. Could that alone have made her susceptible to illness.

i would consider taking her to a vet but for 3 considerations. Gertie is not a friendly frog and would not be easy to handle. She is also quite small at 4" (I was lead to believe this diminutive size is normal for a Grow A Frog). I am also hesitant to stress her with a car ride and further progress her illness.