Thread: i might be getting a frog

Nationality
    [United States]

Default i might be getting a frog

my partner and mother in law are thinking of getting me a frog, my mother in law said yes but my partner is still thinking about it. i was just wondering the frog i would be getting is a little smaller than a 50 cent piece would i need to get a small container like a kritter keeper or should i just get the 10 gallon with the UTH on the side? i don't plan on feeding mice or rats since i have seen some hefty and over weight frogs from getting that too often i already buy super worms for my beardies. i have no problem feeding night crawlers either since i use to have a salamander who hate worms twice a week.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: i might be getting a frog

Hi! I would recommend the kritter keeper first, then the 10 gallon later. This is to avoid stressing your frog. Another thing you can do to reduce the risk of stress is cover the back and sides of the container. As for food, nightcrawlers are a great food, as are roaches, and they even make pellet foods for Pacman frogs. Some people really like them, especially those who don't like bugs,but these must be fed from tongs, as frogs generally hunt by movement. Superworms shouldn't be fed too often though, as they are high in fat compared to roaches and crickets, and contain a lot of chitin/shell. They're okay, but not a "healthy" food.
    Also, I meant to include this, but forgot:
    https://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/foods2.shtml
    It's a pretty useful link.
    Last edited by daybr4ke; August 24th, 2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Added link
    1 Male Giant African Bullfrog
    2 Woodhouse's Toads
    11 Pacific Treefrogs
    1 Dubia Roach Colony
    2 Australian Green Treefrogs

Thread Information