Hey I'm new here. I just need to reach out and maybe here some stories for some needed emotional support. I ordered two milky tree frogs and one arrived dead. The heat definitely got em. So I have this other incredibly beautiful one and now it's my duty to make this guy thrive. I have all the parameters great and its doing jus perfect for 24 hours while I check up on it pretty much every hour(even woke up at like 4 am and checked). I'm pretty much in love with the guy already and I'm so thrilled to have it in my life. I spent over 500 in a self sustaining set up for the dude and I'm just stoked about it. Well I go run some errands which includes picking up a new bpa free two gallon jug for its separate filtered water and some other things to finish my work load. Anyway, I get home and eventually check on the dude(he's been sleeping in the same spot all day) thinking he would be chilling in the cork where he's been. Right away I see him in the water dish not moving I am absolutely devastated in my loss in this incredibly beautiful guy and also HIGHLY disappointed in my self. I had moss in the middle of maybe a quarter inch of water. But I had no moss left because my other stuff hasn't arrived yet, so I was making due with what I had. He happened to go in there right after I cleaned everything and changed the water and definitely must have drowned in the 1/4" or so of water. It honestly feels like the loss of my 13 yr old dog that got ran over by my mom. His death already sent the message of pay attention and be your highest self in each moment and don't get distracted and neglect what you need to do. The dish I used would have just been fine completely filled for an adult, but that quarter inch of water got the little baby. I seriously thought he could definitely get out and that moss was my safe bet and then I just didn't put any in the 2nd time....that feels so bad. Never can or will I make that mistake again.

So now I have this set up that you can be sure of will be safe(it literally is beautiful besides my mistake). If anyone knows where I can get milky tree frogs, please let me know. I can't find any anywhere and now I have this very empty feeling set up.