Thread: HELP - Grey American Tree Frog vomited around a week ago and hasn't swallowed his stomach

Exclamation HELP - Grey American Tree Frog vomited around a week ago and hasn't swallowed his stomach

Around a week ago (I'm unsure of the exact date) our tree frog vomited. I looked up several guides and was told to simply let him swallow it on his own. Days passed and he has yet to do so. He appears to be losing weight, but I make sure to keep him hydrated as best I can. A day ago my sister and I tried to gently coax him into swallowing it, using Q-Tips to put it back in. It looked as though he was trying to swallow it, but could not, and threw it back up again. We don't have enough money to take him to the vet, so that is out of the question. If anyone has any advice outside of what we've tried, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: HELP - Grey American Tree Frog vomited around a week ago and hasn't swallowed his stomach

Hi, what did he vomit and what were you feeding him? If he has a water bowl with dechlorinated water that would be enough to keep him hydrated. Is he not getting in the water bowl?

Default Re: HELP - Grey American Tree Frog vomited around a week ago and hasn't swallowed his stomach

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    Hi, what did he vomit and what were you feeding him? If he has a water bowl with dechlorinated water that would be enough to keep him hydrated. Is he not getting in the water bowl?
    Hi. I don't know what he vomited, but we were feeding him store-bought crickets (and always have been). We went on vacation prior to him vomiting, and when we returned his stomach was out. We left him in the care of a relative, who may have simply dumped everything in the cricket container into his tank. That includes the cricket food we have, which he may have eaten (I didn't think about that).

Our frog does have a water bowl filled with store-bought spring water. He has been getting in willingly, although we also spray him with a bottle every now and again just to be positive.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You might want to dechlorinate the water even though it's bottled. Bottled may have a little chlorine.

It may be overeating. Is his stomach still out? If so that's a problem and you may need to keep it damp to prevent drying out and necrosis.

Thread Information