Thread: Baby Pacman Eating Questions

Default Baby Pacman Eating Questions

I received my first pacman Tuesday and have some questions about feeding. He is very very tiny at most as big as a quarter I have small and medium crickets on hand I think he might be able to handle mediums but he has zero interest in them. I got him to eat a wax worm the first day since i figured he would need more moister and could use a little fattening up as well. I havent been able to get him to eat again since the one wax worm. How often should he eat I read babies eat everyday is this true? What exact should I feed him I have many other frogs and reptiles so I have a variety of feeders on hand at all times just not sure what would be best for him. Suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Baby Pacman Eating Questions

He could just be trying to settle, and ya every baby I have had I offered everyday but would give a couple days to let him digest. So if he ate Monday Tuesday give him Wednesday off, then I would go Thursday, Friday, Saturday, give him Sunday off. When their babies the best and easiest thing to feed is dusted crickets, I use Repashy Calcium Plus because it contains all the vitamins in one. And tong feeding is the best if you can get him to do it so this way you know he's getting his vitamins before the feeders rub it off. Also if you cut Nightcrawlers into little pieces this is very good for him also and as he gets bigger you can make the pieces bigger also till he's big enough to eat the whole worm at once. Crickets and nightcrawlers should be his staples. Waxworms, butterworms, hornworms, phoenix worms, silk worms are all also good for him but as treats. If you haven't yet covering 3 sides of his enclosure helps them settle and feel secure, and you don't want him somewhere their is a lot noise. Make sure his heat is around 80f to 82f during the day with a cold end a few degrees cooler so he can control his body temps, and let your temps drop some at night. Sometimes they lose their appetite if their not warm enough and the heat helps them digest. All in all if your husbandry seems ok he is more then likely still settling, sometimes it takes these little buggers up to a week to feel comfortable. Also if you haven't found poop yet drop him in warm bath and if he goes he may want to eat after. Hope this helped abit.

Thread Information