Thread: So my frog eats and gets fat

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default So my frog eats and gets fat

When I feed my Pacman a bunch of Pac Attack pellets...two days after feeding...I notice that my frog is bigger than he's ever been.

He's not just full of food and pee, but also full of air. Almost alarmingly so.

I can see by lightly touching him that he can inflate defensively inflate a little more...

But good lord, a few days after eating a bunch of pellets, this fellow blows up like a balloon.

It's not water. It's air. He sounds hollow. It's as if he cannot or will not deflate himself.

Give it a week, he's back to normal. In time for another feeding and another round of "oh my god this frog just went up a notch"

About six months old. I suppose he is, in fact, going up a notch on every feeding.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: So my frog eats and gets fat

What is the devil are Pac Attack pellets. Feed it dusted crickets and night crawlers!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Well I do not always have live food available. I've got these food pellets which work in a pinch.

Most recently, I got a pack of night crawlers. My frog ate two a few days ago.

And sure enough, the next few days, froggy blows up like a balloon. His binge purge cycles are funny to watch. He goes up a notch each feeding it seems. Growing like a weed.

He doesn't seem to do this with crickets. He'll eat them. But he won't plump up the next few days. Crickets don't seem to be as good a food as a protein laden worm.

Nationality
    [Canada]

All of mine ate crickets as babies and juveniles but now that they are adults they couldn't be bothered. My oldest and biggest which is a female albino Cranwelli will actually turn away from them, doesn't want anything to do with them. If I bug my male Cranwelli enough with them he will eat them but I really have to bug him. They all love nightcrawlers and their favs are hornworms and silk worms. If you got your frog to eat the pellets that's good that you can supplement them into their diet, from what I have read and heard they are actually real good for them because all the nutrients that frog would need all in one. Some people swear by them and say their frogs grow nice and big and healthy on them.

Thread Information