Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 75 Gallon PA Woods Vivarium (Toads & Skinks)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 75 Gallon PA Woods Vivarium (Toads & Skinks)

New Facebook Page for the PA Woods!
    https://www.facebook.com/PAWoodsVivariums/

The YouTube Channel name has changed as well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4n...r50aiDHpDE_CFg

So I did manage to make a Facebook page for this enclosure. I will be keeping the content mainly on this and the reptile forums as the two forums are my main audience. So with both forums, a YouTube Channel, and a Facebook Page the PA Woods better be interesting and exciting or else it was a waste. so I have many new announcements. Obviously the upgrade from 75 to 125 Gallon is a big deal but that's not the only one. I will be introducing a new inhabitant to this new enclosure as well as a new breeder insect in hopes to have this specific insect survive in the enclosure with the pet store crickets woodlice worms and the others. I do not wish to reveal the new inhabitant and new insect because I wish to keep the anticipation going. I hope you will continue to follow this build because I'm starting completely new basically to build this new tank. Not only will it be the biggest enclosure but also a lot of money to create. I am truly excited to build it. It's been years since I had to start from nothing to build the woods. I will be making new threads on the forums as well so the information and care is fresh and specific to what I am doing at the time. I may join other forums as well to get some excitement and more people interested.

The exotics will still be around. The *75 Gallon Tropical Forest Paludarium will still have a part in the forum and on Facebook and YouTube, but it will be a less featured part with the main point of those two outlets is to market the PA Woods. The exotics will not just be the Tropical Forest anymore. My girlfriends Chinchilla Chi Chi will also partner with the Tropical Forest Paludarium to make up the exotics part as well as the new feeder insect time from time.

Lastly I have one of the most exciting announcements. There will no longer be one PA Woods enclosure. In order for this to generate an audience the main tank the 125 will have to be the most well done and the exotics are nice to throw in, but now there will be another enclosure to accompany the 125 Gallon PA Woods Vivarium. This will not have any of the animals from any generation of the PA Woods. This new enclosure will be created from local plants and will replicate the PA Woods as well and will compliment the plants and animals of the main enclosure. Together these two will display the beauty of the plants and animals that live in PA. This is supposed to encourage you to want to create something from your unique environment wherever you are from just to encourage people to support their locals instead of all the exotics we see. Together these two enclosures hopefully will encourage you to think about the cool amphibian and reptiles around you.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

More pictures of Pious Ace and Ruby today! Check it out on the Facebook Page in the link below!

https://www.facebook.com/PAWoodsVivariums/

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Checkout the link below because it was the first ever build of the PA Woods Vivarium and please subscribe for more content because there are some new videos on the way

https://youtu.be/Au4oPWdL5iM

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Both Toads Ace and Pious came out to greet me to see if I would give them a snack.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

The Latest Update

So after spending as much time as I needed to make a huge decision that would alter my tanks and the PA Woods I have decided to whenever the new tank is created to split up the Toads and the Skinks. This was a hard decision because I was looking forward to seeing the Skinks with this much space to run around, but I am making this decision for a few reasons. The first reason is because of the direction identity and the vision for the PA Woods. I made this to reproduce offspring and to keep my favorite amphibian species which are from PA together in an accurate environment from the woods they live, and to give back and repopulate the species which I will address later. Having the Skinks I cannot do this because they are not native to my county and are actually a subspecies the Southeastern Five Lined Skink but have identical care to the Five Lined Skink. So the Skinks will live together in my 55 Gallon Aquarium. This is a good fit for space because they can climb the background and this was created for a tropical tree frog so there are numerous places to bask and they will have their own enclosure to rule. I will have more surprises with their build and I am very excited and passionate about my Skinks so they are not going anywhere. Now the Toads are going into a 125 gallon. Yes so far just 2 toads with a goal to reproduce and keep an offspring and then as it gets older to rescue another toad and get it checked out of course so all 4 toads can reproduce and be healthy for display. So 4 toads in a 125 gallon 6 foot enclosure. I have been notorious for having 2 species inside the Vivarium and this build will be no different. I am pleased to announce that the Wood Frog will be joining the American Toads in the 125 Gallon PA Woods Vivarium as the other inhabitants. The goal is two pairs of each species and a smaller separate tank for another pair of both species. This will be difficult I know keeping Wood Frogs is but I have a great plan ahead which I will lay out. The Wood Frog is my second all time favorite frog behind the Northern Leopard Frog and I always wanted to keep them. I've spent years studying them so I am very excited for this opportunity. So I checked my laws and have been in contact with the fish and game commission to make sure this was legal. They have to be native to my county which means I'll be hunting some wood frogs and must be healthy. So both species will be checked by an exotic vet numerous times before breeding occurs. Both species are abundant and are legal to have and this will be a pricy project. But I am going through with it because I not only wish to keep these frogs and toads but to give back. There are a lot of experts in native plants a local pet store supporting this and some others so as I get closer to launch of this build I will create another thread and have the experts and supporters and care sheets and specs of the tank and the vision all out front so you can read that and understand what this vivarium is all about. So it will be the 125 Gallon PA Woods Vivarium American Toads and Wood Frogs
    And the 55 Gallon PA Jurassic Woods Vivarium with Southeastern Five Lined Skinks. Those will be the two featured enclosures.

Nationality
    [United States]

Can’t wait!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. This member thanks 9darlingcalvi for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

The 125 Gallon is coming Monday and will have a projected date of June/July as the finished product. I am going to create a new thread now of the new enclosure and talk a little bit about the setup. I will have the link to the new thread on here so you can follow it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information