Thread: New Baby Pacman Frog not eating by him self

Nationality
    [United States]

Default New Baby Pacman Frog not eating by him self

I have recently bought a baby pacman frog from pet supplies plus and he is not eating. I had him in his cage that came with him for two days. I threw some crickets in the and he lunged and them but kept missing. Eventually he just gave up and tried to bury himself. On Sunday I got his tank ready and put him in there. After five minutes of sitting there he just went to the corner and buried himself. The temp in his cage during the day is around 82 degrees and at night it is around 77. The humidity is around 88. There is 2 inches of coco fiber in his cage, a fake plant, and a water bowl filled with distilled water. I bought meal worms to try and see if he would eat them but he didn't. They even were right in front of him. The only way i can get him to eat is to pick and tap the worm on his mouth until he eats is. He is currently buried under the coco fiber right know. Is he just stressed out or is it something else? Tips are very helpful

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: New Baby Pacman Frog not eating by him self

Hi, congrats on the new frog. Husbandry wise everything besides the humidity sounds ok, so I'm thinking hes either just settling still or maybe hes full from when he was at the store. your humidity shouldn't be that high, anywhere in between 70% to 80% is all you need. I keep my tanks at 75%. If you haven't covered three sides of the enclosure yet this is something that will help settle him faster. If he hasn't pooped since you got him he could be full and needs to go to the bathroom, if you give him a soak in some warm declorinated water for about 20 mins sometimes this helps them go. But I honestly think that if you haven't had him for more then a week hes just settling still. Some of them will settle and eat right away, and some of them take a few days to week. They are all different.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: New Baby Pacman Frog not eating by him self

He is soaking in warm water right now and I will be sure to lower the humidity. I also got him to eat a powdered meal worm. Thank you for the advice

Thread Information