Thread: New pacman owner!!!

Default New pacman owner!!!

Hi I just bought this pacman from a reptile expo from Mike's phat frogs. This is my first pacman so I'm new to owning these. I wanted to ask if I should use lighting or a heating lamp and if so what type of lighting should I use? I know that this is an albino pacman and heard that they have sensitive skin so that is why I'm asking don't wanna do the wrong thing and put the wrong lights or heating mat so please I'm asking for any tips and suggestions thanks much in advance.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New pacman owner!!!

Hello and welcome to Frog Forum!!

that's a beautiful albino you picked up!

no lighting is necessary, though having a light is more aesthetically pleasing. I believe it's UV lighting that is bad for albinos but I'm not sure

as for heating, i recommend using a heat pad. Be sure to stick this heat pad on the SIDE of the tank and not the bottom. These frogs burrow to stay cool and will gst confused or burned if the mat is on the bottom.

I'm going to include the forum's pacman frog care sheet so you can get more info

congrats on the new addition!!

http://www.frogforum.net/content.php...-Care-Breeding

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman1031 View Post
    Hello and welcome to Frog Forum!!

that's a beautiful albino you picked up!

no lighting is necessary, though having a light is more aesthetically pleasing. I believe it's UV lighting that is bad for albinos but I'm not sure

as for heating, i recommend using a heat pad. Be sure to stick this heat pad on the SIDE of the tank and not the bottom. These frogs burrow to stay cool and will gst confused or burned if the mat is on the bottom.

I'm going to include the forum's pacman frog care sheet so you can get more info

congrats on the new addition!!

http://www.frogforum.net/content.php...-Care-Breeding
    Thanks much for the advice and I'll take your advice cause I've been researching and looking up info from various pages and most of em said to use a heating mat. I have another question about the heating mat. If I was to put the heating mat at the bottom of the terrarium and put a towel or a few towels over it and then layer with Evo Earth will this work?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

The heating mat/pad should stick to the outside of the tank; the heat will travel through the glass. It is always preferable to place the mat on the side of the tank. This is the case with any burrowing animal, including pacman frogs. The frog will dig deeper into the substrate when it wants to cool off, so therefore the substrate MUST be cooler as it goes deeper or else it will become confused and stressed. The way i recommend is to place the heat mat on the side of the back wall of the tank

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Oh ok coo I'll do that for sure thanks much again I appreciate the advice!!!👍

Thread Information