Thread: Pacman noob here!

Default Pacman noob here!

Hey all! Just wanted to introduce myself and "Jabba" to your forum/community! I do believe he is a cranwell. I just gut fed him a couple of wax worms and he is doing great! I bought him from a breeder/private pet shop owner and he called hin a "starfire" which i guess is a new morph. I have his tank at ~75 degrees and 70-80% humidity. Im using a ceramic heat emitter to keep him warm. I usually keep the light off of him unless im inspecting his cage.

Can anyone give me any pointers on his enviro? He has coconut fiber bedding, some moss(hes currently in now) and a water dish for him to go in

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pacman noob here!

Hi! First off, that's a really pretty frog. All the albino morphs are Cranwells, so you're right on the species. You could get the temp a little higher, into the low 80's. Apart from that it seems pretty much fine. Wax worms are high in fat so are best used as treats, with crickets, dubias, or nightcrawler worms as a staple. Also, welcome to Frog Forum!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pacman noob here!

Temp is low. I usually do 82f day and 78f night. I use a drainage layer similar to what you would in a dart frog tank ) this helps with humidity). I tape tinfoil to my top and cut a hole slightly bigger than my dome light. I cover 3 sides with black paper, a water dish, and some fake plants from michaels. Main staple is Canadian nightcrawlers that I dust with calcium with dubias thrown in on occasion. Change the substrate once a month, but I bet I could go longer. Soak in dechlorinated warm tap water once a week. I had a hygrotherm with a fogger, but it mainly just monitors humidity along with keeping my temp correct by turning the light with dimmer on/off. I only have to mist for around 20 seconds every other day to keep substrate moist or whenever I open the top.

That's about it. Nice morph

Thread Information