Thread: ADF leg injury

Default ADF leg injury

My poor Frogger got stuck between the filters intake tube and the tank. I came home and the poor guy had gotten stuck and had been trying to yank himself free. I tried to gently lift the tube away from the tank so he was able to get loose. However I noticed now that his hand looks mangled and that arm is swollen. Please give me some helpful info. I've had him since Oct/Nov with no problem but he has gotten so big since I got him

Here is a pic of his arm on the left side. The right side is normal. He is favoring the arm but still moving and hanging out.

20170328/b372d3a74b68ef742c2f225ab07d720d.jpg[/IMG]

Frogger (large) & Keroppi (small)

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”
    The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Tank Size and volume of water in it (full, 1/2 filled, etc.)? 10 Gal Full

2. Number of inhabitants including all frogs and any fish? Approx 10-12 Neon Tetras, 2 blue mystery snails, 3 Snail babies, 1 crowntail betta, 1 new ADF (Keroppi), 1 sucker fish with a really long name lol

3. Water source and any conditioner treatments? No treatments since some of the research said it could be bad. Also for water I use distilled bottled water only kept at room temperature near tank.

4. Water Temperature and how is it heated (if so)? I have a heater wand attached to the side of the tank. It stays about 80 and I haven't adjusted the temp since it originally was set up in Oct.

5. Water chemistry levels: pH; Ammonia (NH3); Nitrites (NO2); Nitrates (NO3)? Note that if you do not have test kits, most aquariums/pet shops will do complimentary tests if you take a clean water sample. I will be taking a sample into the pet shop but everyone has been healthy and happy.

6. Describe any filter system including model and media?[/COLOR] filter is adjustable and uses sponges to filter the water. This one put less current on my betta.

7. Substrate type? Gravel

8. Tank set-up (plants (live or artificial), driftwood, hide outs and other decor? - How were things prepared prior to being put into the tank? Live plants and a hide with live plant purchased from the pet shop fish tank.

9. Main frog staple food and any treats? How often you feed? Tank gets fed thawed bloodworms about 2-3X a week. Algae tablet as needed for snails, betta mini pellets , Sinking wafers, freeze dried bloodworms, and rare occasion chopped up brine shrimp. I try to mix things up so they don't get bored. The frog likes to graze on whatever is available but the frozen-thawed bloodworms are favorite.

10. CA, vitamins, and any other additives used (how often)? No additives

11. Lighting set-up and hours it's used? Bulbs came with the tank kit. Lights off from about midnight to about 8am

12. When is the last time frog ate? Yesterday

13. Have you found poop lately? I never paid attention to the poop

14. A picture would be helpful including frog and tank (any including cell phone pics are fine).

15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area. Swollen disfigured front hand and swollen arm. Frogger seems to jump when the plant brushes the arm. Probably in pain. [emoji22]

16. How old is the frog? I've had him since he was tiny from the pet store. Purchased in Oct.

17. How long have you owned him/her? Since Oct

18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred? Captives I assume

19. Any medications in the water (treatment doses and for how long)? No

20. Any salt in water (how much)? No

21. Is the tank kept in a high or low traffic area? Living room but tucked in corner so only 1 side is facing traffic.

22. Describe tank maintenance to include water changes, cleaning, media changes, etc.). 25-50% water changes weekly or as needed. (Every other week) Depends on how the tank is looking.

Some additional pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: ADF leg injury

*Update* I have since quarantined Frogger because little Keroppi died today. I'm taking tank water to the pet store for testing and hopefully we can figure this out.

I also have an appointment for Frogger tomorrow afternoon with a vet. He still seems very active and healthy outside of the wounded hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information