Thread: FF mite help pls

BigBruiserAl

Default FF mite help pls

Hi all

being new to this im not sure what im looking for all my cultures are ****

Are these tiny little thing mites i can see the maggot in the top left?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: FF mite help pls

I see nothing that looks like a mite. Mites are like tiny little spiders with short legs. Those things look like either very young fruit fly maggots or microworms.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

BigBruiserAl

Thanks alot was not really sure what i was looking for with mites. Great news then they should be ready in 10-14days have just placed the order for 4 lecs pick them up in 2 weeks

Now if only my dam tree frogs would eat lol

BigBruiserAl

Thought i would add this here rather then a new thread

I have read that darts dont need a water bowl. I have a fogger and i mist the tank but use distilled water for both, i have just read not to use distilled water now?

Any users confirm please

frogfreaks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBruiserAl View Post
    Thought i would add this here rather then a new thread

I have read that darts dont need a water bowl. I have a fogger and i mist the tank but use distilled water for both, i have just read not to use distilled water now?

Any users confirm please
    Distilled is fine for misting. Most people use this or RO so the glass doesn't get stained and the nozzles don't clog.

Although people say darts don't need a water source, ours have water in every tank. They use it when breeding for sure.

I would use bottled springwater for the dish. Distilled is to pure imo. Getting misted with distilled and soaking in it are two different things.

Congrats on the frogs.

Is your FF culture medium really wet? It looks like the maggots are leaving a lil early. It should still bloom though. A drier mix might help a bit.

Glenn

BigBruiserAl

Quote Originally Posted by frogfreaks View Post
    Distilled is fine for misting. Most people use this or RO so the glass doesn't get stained and the nozzles don't clog.

Although people say darts don't need a water source, ours have water in every tank. They use it when breeding for sure.

I would use bottled springwater for the dish. Distilled is to pure imo. Getting misted with distilled and soaking in it are two different things.

Congrats on the frogs.

Is your FF culture medium really wet? It looks like the maggots are leaving a lil early. It should still bloom though. A drier mix might help a bit.

Glenn
    Hmm ok thanks i was trying to get away with not putting a water dish in with darts, so if im misting with distiled i should give them a shallow water bowl maybe then

frogfreaks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBruiserAl View Post
    Hmm ok thanks i was trying to get away with not putting a water dish in with darts, so if im misting with distiled i should give them a shallow water bowl maybe then
    Plenty of people don't use a water dish. It's not necessary, but we find our frogs use it when breeding.

Thread Information