Thread: Litoria infrafrenata tank size

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Litoria infrafrenata tank size

Hi, I have a white lipped tree frog called Pinky (she doesn't turn brown when stressed and she's never dark, either flesh coloured pink or purple, or normal bright green most of the time), I got her at about 3cm and I've been keeping her in a 30x30x45cm tank an online calculator says is ~10 gallons. She's grown really fast to 7.5cm without any croaks or noise and I want to upgrade her tank, a lot of guides say 10 gallons for one frog but if she's female and she could grow twice as big as she is already that seems really conservative. There's a 45x45x90cm tank (48 gallons) that'd fit perfectly where her current one is, does anyone who keeps/has kept adults know if that'd actually be big enough, particularly if I want to get her a male tankmate whenever one of an appropriate size is available? She seems so huge already.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Litoria infrafrenata tank size

defintely try to get similar size for every frog you are keeping. even if that means having a smaller area for the smaller one till it grows. Never have a small and a big together of any frog or more likely than not they will eat eachother. However if the males are smaller still make sure its pretty big so the size difference is small

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

A 45x45x90cm tank sounds like a good size for one or two large tree frogs. 10 gallons sounds too small.

Like Whitestreefrog said it's not a good idea to put a frog with another frog small enough to fit in its mouth, but I think you were talking about only one frog?

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Thanks.

I've seen what a predator she is, I got her by herself and since then she's grown a lot more than any of the white lipped frogs they have so I'd just like to have space for one more frog if I happen to see one at a show her size with a clearly distinct colour or pattern, but her happiness and health is my priority. I think white lipped frogs are more solitary than White's tree frogs but if it'd provide any additional engagement or allow her to breed without stressing her I'd like the option.

Thread Information