Thread: My Ornate pacman keeps his eyes closed sometimes now, whats wrong with him?

Default My Ornate pacman keeps his eyes closed sometimes now, whats wrong with him?

I have had my ornate since October, so about 3 months now. He has grown nicely but lately he seems to have taken a turn for the worse.

He wont take food on his own anymore, I have to always rub it on his mouth with tongs for him to strike.

My biggest concern is some times when he is sitting he has both eyes almost completely closed. If I touch him or move him he opens them. If I give him a soak he opens them. I dont know whats wrong with him? One night I came home and saw his eyes closed, I went to run some errands and came back and he was out of his hole with his eyes wide open.

I cant notice anything wrong with them when they are open, they look clear and bright with no discharge.

I dont now if he has some kind of genetic defect? Because I notice his one eye is not as large as the other eye (and I dont mean the pupil, I mean the whole eye). When he was a forglet they looked the same size, but now he is either not opening one of them all the way or one is bigger than the other. In fact I think both his eyes look a little small for his size, this was not apparent when he was tiny but now that he has grown I can see they could be a little bigger (aside from the one being smaller than the other).

I cant figure out why he is closing his eyes when he looks healthy otherwise and opens them on his own.

The only thing I can think off is he never burrows himself completely, perhaps he thinks he burrowed as far as he can and he thinks he is under the substrate so he closes them?? I know I am grabbing at straws here but I dont know what to make of it.

His temps in the day is 82 -83 and at night 73 -74, humid is 70%. This is my 2nd pac so I am not new to pacmans, my other one is about a year old.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My Ornate pacman keeps his eyes closed sometimes now, whats wrong with him?

please answer the following to help us help you

1. Size of enclosure
    2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences
    3. Humidity
    4. Temperature
    5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish
    6. Materials used for substrate
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials.
    - How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv.
    8. Main food source
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often)
    10. Lighting
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure
    12. When is the last time he/she ate
    13. Have you found poop lately
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)
    15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.
    16. How old is the frog
    17. How long have you owned him/her
    18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred
    19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats
    20. How often the frog is handled
    21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area
    22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)

by Lynn(Flybyferns) and GrifTheGreat.

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Default Re: My Ornate pacman keeps his eyes closed sometimes now, whats wrong with him?

never mind.

Thread Information