Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Whites tree frog setup

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: New Whites tree frog setup

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    I just setup my WTF colony last month.. I use a large plastic tub with latching lid that I soldered air holes all over (sides, top, etc.). I use a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) in a dome lamp suspended over the tub on one end (it is hanging on a lamp stand). That gets their basking area to ~85-89f. It is controlled via a dimmer and I adjust it (using an IR heat gun) to the correct temp. I leave it on 24/7 and have seen them using it day and night. My ambient temps in that room are already 75f though.

WTF get large...Mine have grown considerably since I got them a month ago, so I'd plan on a larger tank soon, or use a plastic tub like I am doing. Mine will eventually go into a large bioactive setup I am building the background of right now.

I feed my WTF dubia roaches dusted with vitamins / cal+d3 and feed them every other day. I use a feeding bowl and the frogs have taken to it pretty quickly. As soon as the bowl goes in, I will see at least 2 WTF jump in to start eating. The roaches can't climb out if the bowl is smooth glass or ceramic about 1" high or taller. I leave them in overnight with a moisture source (carrot) so the feeders have something to munch on.

I would also suggest a large water bowl and change it very frequently. I try to change mine 1-2x a day as they foul it every night and sometimes in the day. I use standard dechlorinated water for that and to spray my hands if I have to handle them..I typically use gloves to handle and only remove if I need to clean their cage.

Good luck! I love my WTF and am already looking for more to add to my colony.
    Sounds like you have a nice setup going. I'll probably buy a basking bulb along with the uvb bulb for day and a night heat bulb for night. I have an old 20 gallon high I'm going to use which should be good for one frog and maybe a second eventually. I plan on feeding them crickets as a staple and meal/wax worms as a treat. I will make sure to dust the crickets as well. I also do have a nice, large corner water dish...however it's not very deep (only like an inch). How deep is your water bowl? Also let me know what you think of my setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information