Thread: Hello!

Nationality
    [United States]

Talking Hello!

Hi! I'm new to the forum and pretty new to amphibians. Budge the toad is my second amphibian pet. My first is my ADF, Bee. I got him so I could practice with aquatic amphibians for a while until I am able to get an ACF. Bee lives in a 5 gallon filtered (cycled), heated aquarium with my female betta, Lotus, and two ghost shrimp named Ghost and Ghastly. Original names, I know. lol

I'm not new to reptiles. I owned a green anole named Jupiter for seven years, and as of now I have a red-eared slider turtle named Galileo that I am watching for my friend for a couple of years until they move back to the US.
    I own a Russian tortoise named Rigby.

As for mammals, I have a mouse named Buck; three female rats named Wren, Ribbon, and Ratatouille; a male Guinea pig named S'mores; and a gerbil named Chloe.

Invertebrates include three cherry shrimp by themselves in my 3 gallon; two ghost shrimp previously mentioned; a desert millipede named Chili; a bunch of unnamed darkling beetles; and around thirty Madagascar hissing cockroaches, including Logan, Lady, Chrome, and Ruby.

I have four bettas - Missy, Princess, Lotus, and Red; a good few guppies; three adult platys; a bunch of platy fry; and two albino cory catfish.
    Outside in a pond I have two goldfish - Comet the common goldfish, and a shubunkin nick-named 'Girly'. I have a couple of mosquitofish as well as some rosy-red minnows out there, too.

I also raise scuds.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello!

Hello and welcome to FF! You have quite a menagerie of pets! Thanks for sharing the photos!
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hey and welcome! A background in reptiles should help with caring for your toad. Hopefully if you need any answers you'll find someone here who can help out.

Nationality
    [United States]

Haha, I certainly do have a menagerie. Hoping to get a leopard gecko or a ball python at some point, too. I like the patternless light yellow morphs of leopard geckos the best. Strangely, my favorite ball python morph is just the standard morph. I don't think that I'd be able to get the python until I move out, however. They have a HERP show near me that has around three shows per year. I might ask my mom to bring me to the January show to look around. It'll be worth me paying the admission fee to see all of the vendors and animals again. It was so much fun. They had a bunch of lizards, tortoises, and snakes, as well as some axolotls, exotic arthropods, and frogs. Feeders and a couple of exotic mammals, too.

So far the pets that I would own again would be the rats, the bettas, and the corydoras. I love my tortoise, too, but he will be with me for a long, long time, so no need to get any more of those anytime soon! :
    :

I wish that the rats lived longer! They're my favorite pet mammals aside from dogs, so far.

Thanks for the welcome!

-

Hopefully it will help in caring for the toad! Thanks for the welcome! You guys have been very helpful so far!

Thread Information