Thread: HELP!! Whites Tree Frog won't eat!

Default HELP!! Whites Tree Frog won't eat!

My frog Winston won't eat anything. He was eating one or two crickets and locusts every few days but for the last 10 days he won't touch any food.

I have separated him from my three others although he is still a nice colour, very active and croaking regularly, however he seems to have slightly pink legs (but only in the evenings).

Just want to see if anyone has had anything similar and have any advice?

Thanks, Hannah

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: HELP!! Whites Tree Frog won't eat!

Answering these questions will help folks find help for your frog: http://www.frogforum.net/showthread.php?t=30850

I've been going through something similar with my problem child, Honey-Lime. A few moths ago he got all crazy, climbing and jumping around the cage all night, refusing to eat, but seemed to be otherwise normal. I changed him out into a bigger enclosure with a different companion; he still climbed and jumped around but eventually he settled in and calmed down, he even started eating (though not as consistently as before). Recently he and his friends went through some preventative treatments with itraconazole, and he and his tank mate were placed in a 10 gallon QT set up. Everyone else seems to have taken the treatments in stride but I think the medication effected Honey badly that and it was probably depressing for him to be placed back into a small tank. But he's been depressed and still isn't eating. I had to catch him shedding then pop a dusted cricket into his mouth (4 different times) while he had is mouth open. He didn't spit them out and swallowed them, so that's good. I don't want to have to force feed him, but will if it comes down to it, but right now I'm waiting to see what happens when they go back into their big house. We've also had a big heat wave going on here, so it hasn't really cooled down much at night, like they are used to, and I've been having trouble keeping the humidity up with the heat, AC and fans running day and night.

If your frog is active and climbing/jumping then it's normal for his legs to be a deeper pink. It's bright red and broken veins/capillaries and open sores you would have to worry about, and in that case you're more likely to have a lethargic and depressed frog.

Hope he'll start eating for you again soon!
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

4. This member thanks irThumper for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

I am having a hard time with humidity too...uggggg

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

6. 2 members thank vlstatv76 for this post:

Last time when I am.keeping ball.python, I use to put a bowl of water directly.under a heat lamp. That's hells alot for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

Cant use a False Bottom in terrar for him/ her?? Itll add ALOT of humidity

Thread Information