Thread: Hello from Georgia!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Hello from Georgia!

Hello all!
    I'm new to the forum and to amphibians. I've been keeping snakes for 4 years now and geckos for close to 9. I have crested and gargoyle geckos, BPs, KSBs, some boas (BCA and BCI), a carpet python, and a BRB. I have my reptiles in a dedicated herp room (ambient temps of 75f). In the past, I've kept tropical fish and planted tanks but I no longer keep them due to time issues.

I got into bioactive setups about 1 year ago and revamped a couple of my enclosures. At that time, I began to be interested in keeping frogs. I also started a dubia roach colony a few months back and it is finally producing numbers to support insect-only feeders, so I've decided to take the leap into amphibians.

I purchased my first frogs today and will be making a separate post about them, but wanted to pop by the intro forum and tell you guys a little about myself first.

I look forward to posting and learning as much as I can about the proper care of these guys.

Thanks for your time!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello from Georgia!

Hi there and welcome! Sounds cool, having your own room. What kind of frogs do you have?

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks! I got a pair of dumpy / white's tree frogs. I was on the fence between them and a pacman frog, but they were the only species I had available locally. Everyone says whites are hardy..I'm hoping so since they are my first frogs.

Yeah, having a herp room was one of my main priorities when we bought our house a couple years ago. It's not as big as I'd like, but it is great having a dedicated room so I can keep the temps stable and not have to worry about ambient heat.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I also have dumpies. They're adorable.

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Welcome! Amazing to see someone from my home state! As you can see, we have lots of members to help you out if you have any questions or comments, so feel free to let us know at anytime .

(P.S. Seeing as I'm not currently there, try making it to this winter's repticon if you want to meet other members of the reptile/amphibian community. )

Nationality
    [United States]

Xavier- I wasn't planning on going to repticon this time around. I'm attempting NOT to add any more reptiles to my collection and that is SO hard to do when you go to a show lol. The last reptile show I went to in GA was the dixie show at Forrest Park last year. I really enjoyed that show and it is closer to me than the site for repticon. I don't think they are doing another Dixie show though (something to do with new out-of-state seller license fees GA is starting or something like that).

It's good to see someone else from GA on here...There don't seem to be many herpers in this state compared to some others.

Nationality
    [United States]

Welcome! I'm a new frog keeper from Roswell, Georgia! I adopted a one-eyed Gray Tree Frog from my backyard about two months ago. I named her Veronica. I didn't realize a tiny frog needed so much stuff but I'm enjoying sharing my home with her.

8. This member thanks karenll for this post:

Thread Information