Thread: How long to wait before giving baby frog honey bath if not pooping

Default How long to wait before giving baby frog honey bath if not pooping

All my other baby pacs when I had them pooped every other day to every few days.

My new ornate pac doesn't seem to go as often, maybe once ever 1.5 to 2 weeks. I think its a little long for a frog that eats every day?

Should I give him honey bath if he hasn't gone in a week?

I know hes not impacted because he does go, and his poo is a little on the soft side (but not runny)

This is him when I first got him about 3 weeks ago, just a mouth with legs

https://postimg.org/image/szk3toy4t/

This is him after about 3 weeks, not the latest picture, hes a bit bigger now but close enough, hes more than doubled in size but hardly poops.

https://postimg.org/image/7k79xhak3/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: How long to wait before giving baby frog honey bath if not pooping

Simply beautiful! I don't think you should worry, he looks very healthy. It is very likely you don't see his poops, because he us what we call substrate pooper, he buries it.

he is eating, looking good, no need to worry
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Simply beautiful! I don't think you should worry, he looks very healthy. It is very likely you don't see his poops, because he us what we call substrate pooper, he buries it.

he is eating, looking good, no need to worry

I am starting to worry, almost 2 weeks and no poop. He doesnt seem to bury his poop as he is never under ground always above. I felt his left side and I can feel a some what hardish mass there, his right side doesn't feel like that. His left side is his intestines? Could it be impaction? I have given him a honey bath already and no poop. He is still eating a lot.

Is impaction when there is a lump on the right or left side??

I gave him another honey bath and noticed when he came out and let his water out, he had a huge lump on his left side and his right side was sunk in. I put him back in his cage and started massaging the lump, surprised he let me then he right away strated to poop, so I left him for an hour and came back. It was medium sized but still not as big as I would have hoped.

I gave him another honey batch the next day to be sure, and felt his left side this time I could not really feel the lump so I think its ok now, but I really dont want to have to keep doing this every 1 -2 weeks. All my other baby pacs went ever 1 - 3 days. This guy is being a bit of a pain. But he does eat a lot.

Thread Information