Thread: Default How many superworms should you feed a juvenile Pacman?

Default Default How many superworms should you feed a juvenile Pacman?

So I got a new Pacman yesterday at the Houston reptile show and I don't know what is wrong with me but every time I go to the reptile show and get a new tarantula or reptile I forget to ask the age, however I do think it is a juvie, she is 3 and a half inches and I was wondering when I feed superworms I was wondering how many to feed. So far it has been only one a day given I have only fed it once and it will only eat one so how much is enough? Or is it just feed until it stops eating? I know you shouldn't feed most animals like this because it is sometimes overfeeding but I would like your help, I am rather new to this frog keeping And tell me if I am doing anything wrong and how often should I put calcium on the worms?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Default How many superworms should you feed a juvenile Pacman?

I just feed mine until they no longer show an interest. But I vary what I feed as well. I don't do as many super worms as I do other foods.

Also, what reptile show was in Houston that I missed? I've been keeping my eye out for them to get my tomato frog a friend.

It was in Pasadena and thanks for the info

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoTrtoise View Post
    So I got a new Pacman yesterday at the Houston reptile show and I don't know what is wrong with me but every time I go to the reptile show and get a new tarantula or reptile I forget to ask the age, however I do think it is a juvie, she is 3 and a half inches and I was wondering when I feed superworms I was wondering how many to feed. So far it has been only one a day given I have only fed it once and it will only eat one so how much is enough? Or is it just feed until it stops eating? I know you shouldn't feed most animals like this because it is sometimes overfeeding but I would like your help, I am rather new to this frog keeping And tell me if I am doing anything wrong and how often should I put calcium on the worms?
    Short answer is none! You should not feed superworms to your frog!

longer answer - superworms contain chitin that frogs can't digest and that can cause impaction. The other aspect to consider is very high fat content.

staple for Pacman frog should be dubia and nightcrawlers, with healthy food like that frog don't risk to be obese and sick. You should supplement every other feeding with Ca/but d3 and once a week or two - multivitamins.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information