Thread: Pacman Frog not eating or moving

Question Pacman Frog not eating or moving

Hello! First post here, my frog isn't doing well. I got him about two months ago, and I think he's 4-5 months old. I originally fed him crickets from tweezers, and then about a month ago he started accidentally biting the tweezers instead of just the cricket. After doing that a few times, he refused to eat from tweezers. Soon after that, he started missing crickets when they were running around. And then he just stopped trying. He hasn't eaten much in a month, but he's looked okay. The weather has also been getting colder (I do have a ceramic heater I frequently use), so I thought that might be a reason why he hasn't eaten much. Today I found him sitting on top of his substrate with his back legs splayed out instead of pulled into his body like normal. I picked him up to put him in his water dish (he rarely goes in by himself, so I occasionally put him in there), and he didn't move at all. He always tries to jump away when I pick him up, but this time he wouldn't move at all. For a while, he wasn't moving at all in the dish. He didn't squirm when touched, he didn't close his eyes when sprayed with water, and his legs were stretched out behind him. He looked dead, and it freaked me out. He then moved around a bit. But soon after that, he completely stopped moving again. It's been three or four hours, and the only change has been his pupil size. I've tried calling many vets, but it's sunday and a lot of them don't know much about frogs. What should I do?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Pacman Frog not eating or moving

Do your tongs have rubber ends or are they just bare metal? He could have cut the inside of his mouth and he has got an infection of some sort. When was the last time you found poop? If hes eating a lot of substrate he could be impacted really bad? Also what are the temps in your tank?

Tongs are just plastic. I don't think I've found poop in a few weeks, and I've been looking for it. I've also been looking out for him eating substrate because I heard a lot of bad things about that, but I haven't seen him eating anything at all. The temperature appears to be 80˚, and I spray it multiple times a day for humidity. https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=580FE265
    This is what he's looked like for the past bunch of hours.

Nationality
    [Canada]

He doesn't look good, not to sound mean but he looks as if hes passed. Not saying he has, but he looks close to it. Try and give him a honey a bath if you have honey, put a few drops in a tub with water at about 80f. Make sure the water is declorinated and no higher then his chin, let him sit here for about 20 mins or until the water gets cold. Then just give him another normal soak to get the honey off. Or if you can get out go to the drug store and grab a bottle of non-flavoured pedilyte and give him a bath in this, You want to mix this at 10:1 ratio. So for every 10oz of water add 1oz of the pedilyte. Either of these will give him a little boost of energy and if he has to poop the honey will with that also. Or you can try some reptiboost if you can get some of this IMO though I would try to find a vet that looks at frogs first thing tomorrow if you can.

I gave him the bath, and put him back in his normal water to wash it off. He still hasn't moved even a finger, and his limbs feel hard...

Nationality
    [Canada]

Are you sure hes alive?

Not at all sure, that's what I'm trying to find out. I'm assuming the worst but I have seen stuff about pacman frogs appearing dead when they're not.

Nationality
    [Canada]

See if you can open his mouth with your finger and see what happens. If it stays open or just closes on its own slowly I would say he may not be alive. I'm so sorry that this has happened to you.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Another thing you can try after rereading your first post to see if hes still alive is put him a dark room and wait abit then go back and see if his eyes dialated. If hes alive he should wake up and the eyes should dialate. You had mentioned in your first post his eyes seemed to be the only thing changing so I'm just thinking check and see if they still will.

It's morning and he is definitely not alive :/

Thread Information