Thread: Pacman frog care help

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Pacman frog care help

I will be getting a pacman frog soon.Please tell me if I'm missing any information.It is going to be a albino hatchling in a 10 gallon tank. I'm confused about humidity I heard it should be 60-70 percent and some say 80 percent please someone tell me the right percent .I will dechlorinate the water with reptisafe.I heard ideally temperature should be 81 degrees Fahrenheit.The substrate will be eco earth misted twice daily.A replica plant for more hiding.Food will be Crickets,Dubai roaches,night crawlers.I'm not sure if I should get moss to raise humidity.MY BIGGEST MYSTERY TO ME IS WHAT LIGHT TO USE ILL BE USING A DIMMABLE DOME.WHAT LIGHT SHOULD I GET I MIGHT GET A HEAT EMITTER WITH NO LIGHT 60 watts.Or I heard a red heat emitter 40 watts PLEASE TELL ME WHAT LIGHT IS BEST FOR THE PACMAN.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pacman frog care help

Hi 60-70% is fine, it's the rainforest ones like the cornuta that need it high. Temps in the low 80sF and down to 75F at night. The dark purple 'moonlight bulbs' are really good and don't disturb the frog but I find the red bulbs do. The wattage required will depend on your room temp but no higher than 60w. If you use moss, don't get that crappy green moss, get sphagnum, pack it down well and feed the frog by tongs

Nationality
    [Canada]

If you want your new frog to have nice even sheds I would recommend trying to keep your humidity around 75%. If its an albino you could use the CHE for heat hooked to a dimmer or something down those lines to adjust night temps, and for mine for daylight I use a little 5 watt led bulb from Walmart. This way at night its very dark because you just turn the light off and then dim down the CHE for night time temps. If you haven't already I would cover 3 sides of your enclosure so he cant see out from every direction, this helps them settle abit faster. And if he doesn't eat for you the first couple nights home don't stress yourself out, this is a very normal thing they do after a big move.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Is there a specific light I could use like a 40 watt?

Thread Information