Thread: Hello from Rome

Nationality
    [Italy]

Default Hello from Rome

Hello everybody,

My name is Milos. I am originally from Slovakia, but I live in Rome, Italy. I kept and keep lots of animals, dogs, snakes, chameleon, fish, beetles, ... And I tried with frogs (Agalychnis callidryas and Trachycephalus resinifictrix). Unfortunatelly, I had an accident with Agalychnis the last summer, when I was away, and it became too hot and 4 of 5 died. And I had a bad experience with the Amazon tree frog, because they died (4 of them) one by one in 6 months period. This happened to other 2 people in Rome too, and we are not sure what exactly happened. This is also why, I have signed up to this forum, and to find easier frogs to start with.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello from Rome

Welcome Milos

Sorry to hear. It's always good having a cooler such as a fan on a thermostat in place if overheating can be an issue

with the Amazon tree frogs the problem could be an unhealthy supply, incorrectly conditions or maybe the water quality in your area is not suitable fro amphibians, might be better to use bottled water. Some frogs that I would say are easy or hardy are giant african bullfrogs, fire-bellies and USA green tree frogs. The frogs you had can be picky and delicate.

Thread Information