Thread: My First Mishap Or Disease? (White's Tree Frog)

Nationality
    [United States]

Default My First Mishap Or Disease? (White's Tree Frog)

So I lost a White's last fall after a year and a half to Red Leg, and I FINALLY got him replaced the day before yesterday and he's been so vibrant and pretty compared to my first White's (2 years old now) who's usually brown 90% of the time but has his occasional "Green days" as I like to call them!

Anyways, I didn't notice anything off about my new buddy this morning, and he'd browned twice from stress but changed back to his gorgeous seafoam color fairly quick! Well I just got a replacement heating pad for the side of their tank, and whilst doing maintenance here and there and picking up any waste I saw and wiping any dirty branches or glass, I noticed something off, he'd browned up, but only around his right eye (my right so his left eye I guess), within 5 minutes I watched it fade away thinking it was just camo, well NOW I noticed these 3 or 4 blueish green dots/scars or scabs, maybe even slight indents! One is between his nostrils pretty much on the tip of the nose, another between his nostril and eye, and one above his other nostril I think.

Its so upsetting to see especially after how pretty he's been and how much calmer he's been. He's been tucked up in the very back corner of my tank, and I think maybe he reared up in excitement when I opened the lid, I didn't notice, and I smacked him in the face with it when shutting it. I don't recall him having anything like this the last 2 days I think I'd had noticed! I can't find any matching diseases but this one site had "lumps" or just plain owwies listed with a picture of something similar but I took my own picture now that my phone is charged!

His eyes aren't clouded, he's asleep! Somehow I didn't wake him until I put the lid back on! But yeah as you can see, 3 (maybe 4) distinct and mysterious marks! ):

Any replies are greatly appreciated, I'm worried about my new buddy I haven't even named him yet... T_T

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My First Mishap Or Disease? (White's Tree Frog)

If you find out what caused the indent, I'd like to know too. My own frog has the same thing on his nose. I think it's a problem with him rubbing his nose on the top of the tank. Maybe he cut his nose and it got infected.

Maybe check for sharp things in the tank or a loose wire in the mesh on top?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: My First Mishap Or Disease? (White's Tree Frog)

The very first WTF I had would sleep with her nose pressed up against the lid of the tank and it caused similar color marks on her nose (though they where bigger in size) If nothing is wrong with the wire-mesh lid then it could simply be him rubbing his nose against it (I'm not sure how you would keep him from doing this) ...though to help prevent the possibility of accidentally hitting him with the lid I would lower the stick he is sleeping on down a little bit.

Thread Information