Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best place to get crickets?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Best place to get crickets?

How is telling the OP that I've used Premium Crickets and Fluker Farms bad advice?

I didn't just google them and offer up an answer. I have actually bought crickets from both places several times.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

It's ok you did what any beginner would do, your main goal was to feed your frogs crickets and fluckers came up first so you purchased and thought wow these are some good healthy crickets filled with fluckers jizz jelly man i love fluckers i'll go on a forum and throw up how good fluckers is, when in reality they are like a petco with all the same rules and regulations that don't ever benefit the hobbyist or animal only there pockets. The quality of a flucker of premium cricket is like a big mac at mcdonald with who knows what the product was exposed to and what chemicals are inside. So i'm trying to direct people to small businesses or large that have the best intentions who actually cares about there crickets and there products with the hobbyist in mind like, Josh's Frogs i've never had a problem with them and they have all good stuff, at one time they were basically giving away there coco fiber substrate lol. Hope I can help make you understand why you have made poor choices in where you purchase your crickets and like a drug addict I hope you make better decisions in the future.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

People please watch what are you writing and be respectful to each other opinions and differences!
    africanBullFrog - that's your second warning!

lily00 I'm sorry I haven't seen this thread sooner.

Feeding and breeding roaches not an option for many people, it is illegal in some countries and also there is "I can't handle that" option. "Cheapest and healthiest" is merely opinion rather then fact. And if we talk about healthiest..... There are no Fluckers, premium, whatever crickets. There are different cricket species belonging to Gryllidae family, they all are about the same nutritional value. It doesn't matter really what are they been fed before, but what you do feed them before feeding off to the frogs matters! when you get crickets, keep for a day or two to gut load them properly ( lettuce, carrots, oranges, etc) before giving them to your frogs.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

5. 3 members thank Lija for this post:

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    People please watch what are you writing and be respectful to each other opinions and differences!

Feeding and breeding roaches not an option for many people, it is illegal in some countries and also there is "I can't handle that" option. "Cheapest and healthiest" is merely opinion rather then fact. And if we talk about healthiest..... There are no Fluckers, premium, whatever crickets. There are different cricket species belonging to Gryllidae family, they all are about the same nutritional value. It doesn't matter really what are they been fed before, but what you do feed them before feeding off to the frogs matters! when you get crickets, keep for a day or two to gut load them properly ( lettuce, carrots, oranges, etc) before giving them to your frogs.
    Don't get involved you are also wrong lol. All I said was that roaches were a better option if you can't get them then drop it. Also I have not used a single inappropriate word only stars to represent whatever the reader can imagine if it happens to be a bad word thats not my fault. I wasnt using bad words. Please take away the warning. Thank you.

Frogs are good with crickets and worms. If you can arrange the food online then it is good. However, if you find the food source in your own garden then it would be better. I never owned a frog before but I recently have rescued one in my porch and since then it has been with me. I feed him roaches and crickets.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

I think everyone should group hug and be friends.

The thing with forums and because grammar is not used often people can 'read' things the wrong way and then you always get the 1 that tries to be better over the rest, thankfully I dont see that often here. We must remember this is an open forum and members are not just from the USA so practices and procedures can be different. As far as I am aware roaches do offer better nutrition if they are taken by the frogs. One I think they have a larger digestional tract holding more gut loaders and also they are of course more meatier than crickets.

The chances are in the USA they are illegal in certain states because they can become a best.

Here in the UK a dubia roach may live however it wont breed due to the climate, some parts of the USA this will be a different story though hence why they are illegal as they could become a invasive species not because they are bad for the frogs.

Practices and procedures change so to me if you know your right and someone questions you, reference your findings or let them find out for themselves. All in all we are all here to help each other and not to make others look daft or get 1 over them and sometimes that requires an open mind.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC View Post
    The chances are in the USA they are illegal in certain states because they can become a best.
    And when I said best I meant PEST lol on a xell phone here

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post

Thank you! I didn't realize it was such a hot topic. Lol.

For the record, privet01 has been extremely helpful on every post I've made in this forum so far.

My crickets are eating very well! We bought a ton of baby food awhile back but the baby has decided he only wants "real" food. So now the crickets have shallow lids full of different fruit and veggie purees. Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information