Thread: Aqua-terrarium

Default Aqua-terrarium

Hi, ive been planning on constructing a aqua terrarium for my white's and i wanted it to be a aqua terrarium but im unsure if hydro balls are needed as it will 100% water i was thinking of just pebbles/gravel for the bedding. And also ive bee thinking of getting the exo terra turtle cliff with the filter inside but the thing is i do not have expandable foam so it cant be stuck to the corner, but is the really necessary?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Aqua-terrarium

Hydro balls or other form of "expanded clay" will likely be lighter in weight than gravel. Not a big concern for a small viv, but a big concern for larger viv's. You can use the expanded clay for sub-strata that won't be seen and use gravel that you like the look of for strata that will be see....... or not. Depends on what works for you.

As for the water feature..... well how well is it fitting and how stable is it without adhesive? If not the expandable foam, then some clear silicone sealant, or whatever else you want to try... even some modeling clay or used bubble gum might work.

Like anything else.... when you realize you didn't do it right the first time..... do it again addressing the issues you learned from the previous experience.

Default Re: Aqua-terrarium

oh i havent consider the live plant and i dont think it can grow on gravel/rocks so i an idea just came into mind about about filling up the water dish eco earth and using it as a pot for my plant since the water dish would be redundant. What do y'all think? The plant wont be so big

Thread Information